PDA

View Full Version : Storm IQ Tour Ball Review

Storm24
09-15-2012, 03:02 PM
IQ Tour 60 x 4 x 75 Pin Down

Let me first by saying “WOW” about throwing the IQ Tour.

The IQ Tour uses the fast-revving symmetrical C3-Centripetal Control Core with a low differential of .029 in 15 pounders. The Tour uses the R2S solid coverstock (4,000 Abralon box finish). The IQ Tour should be nickname “midlane”. The Tour is a ball that is hard to throw through the breakpoint. This is a ball that just reads the lane the correct way.
Leaving the ball at box finish, I bowled on the Kegel Turnpike pattern and had great control of the pocket. This pattern doesn’t have a lot hold and swing, so it was hard pattern to consistently hit the pocket. But with the IQ Tour strong midlane I was able to create a little miss room and score very well on this pattern.
For league I applied Storm Step 2 Compound as our local houses are on the dry side.
This gave me some added length but still gave me great control of the breakpoint. I could play up the lane or I could circle the lane with the IQ Tour. If you remember the Special Agent, the IQ Tour is very close. Even with the low differential I was amazed with the good hitting power and carry that it delivered. This is a ball that every tournament bowler should have in his or her arsenal. Great product from Storm!

PAP 4 up 1-1/4