PDA

View Full Version : Strong pearl ball

edpup316
09-15-2012, 09:50 PM
So i have been looking to add a strong pearl bowling ball to my arsenal. Right now i have the Hole Pounder Pearl (random i know but i love how it hits) which is a medium-dry ball that i have laid out for dry lanes, Pearl Panther which is a nice medium ball and i have the pin up above my ring finger an inch and a half and i have a Motiv Primal TV4 which is my benchmark ball, can handle the heavy volume but gets touchy. Ball i have been considering are the Marvel Pearl, Critical Theory and Defiant Edge.

A little about my style: I'm a Power Tweener for the most part, ball speed 18.8-19.2, rev rate 380ish and axis tilt is 35

Any and all opinions are welcome and if you have another suggestion please let me know. Thanks in advance!

billf
09-15-2012, 10:23 PM
I haven't thrown the Defiant Edge. The Critical Theory was a let down to me. The Marvel Pearl went long, smooth and had a decent snap into the pocket with a good drive through the pins. When I say decent snap, it was well above average and very adequate, matching the shape of the hook quite well. It went great through the heads and mid-lane leaving almost all the energy for the hook and roll.

*The above statements are only my unbiased opinion after throwing the Marvel Pearl today and is not to be construed in any way, shape or form that I will EVER buy another Storm/Roto-Grip product until they at least answer my e-mail from January. The ball used was a friend's who happens to have the same span. The statement above also does not intend to diminish the ability of any other ball previously or currently on the market.

striker12
09-15-2012, 10:54 PM
my best peral ball that i have shot is the kinetic pearlbut only thing you cant get them no more it had a skid/flip on it and it was just like praying for a strike it just gives u them it saved my but in the summer league lots of times like 1 time went first 5 frames all opens then grabed the kinetic pearl and got the rest all strikes other then the last shot in the 10th wear i left a ringing 10.

but a strong pealr ball you could look at the nexxxus or the hell raiser terror both good on heavy oil im doing a vote on the boards right know in general bowling dis too see what everyone here says about witch one i should get and the terror is on the top.

Hot_pocket
09-16-2012, 03:47 PM
i would also go with either the nexxxus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIYN3YbdSTM&feature=related or defiant edge

Hampe
09-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Yea.....the new Nexxxus Pearl looks real good. I haven't tried it yet myself, but if I were looking for a heavy oil pearl ball I'd probably go with that one.

The German Shepherd
09-17-2012, 11:27 AM
I like the Critical Theory. Controllable ball and it hits VERY hard for me.

Jay

wdc1987
09-18-2012, 04:06 PM
I bought the arson Pearl a few weeks ago and this ball moves on heavy oil and works well on medium.

DanielMareina
09-18-2012, 04:24 PM
The Marvel Pearl is an excellent ball. Very strong reaction! Probably my favorite pearl ball to come out in the last few years. The Defiant Edge is WAY STRONG. It is too much ball for me to throw on our house shot. Great for sport conditions that need you to peal off the back of the pattern. Amazingly strong through the pins. So between those two, it depends whether you are looking for a strong reaction or very strong reaction. The Theory line, although very good, wasn't a crowd pleaser. I loved my Theory, and I know a lot that love their balls from that line too, but I have also heard the other side more times than I like as a pro shop driller. Personally, I think the Marvel Pearl will be the more versitile ball due to it's ability to be thrown on less volume than the Defiant edge will require.