PDA

View Full Version : Favorite NFL Team?

itstyler
09-17-2012, 04:34 PM
So, other than bowling let's get into everyone's favorite Sunday sport (unless it's Nascar). What team is your "team" and say why. and to.. say if you think they have a chance at the playoffs. for example...

Mine is the Washington Redskins. My dad loves the Redskins so as a kid I was the one watching games with him, especially since we lived in Virginia. I would love for them to make the playoffs but I think it will take one more year. RGIII is a special talent.

Cheers

Keithalw
09-17-2012, 06:01 PM
I have always liked the eagles... Do not really have a reason I just do lol.... Playoffs i dunno I hope

itstyler
09-17-2012, 07:49 PM
They got lucky the first two games! won both by a point each

VampyreBowler
09-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Hate to say it by ysterday's pitiful performance but Dallas Cowboys. I am not a bandwagon fan and have been a Cowboy fan since the 70's. Also my parents are from Texas.

Davec13
09-17-2012, 08:41 PM
I live like 2o minutes from Ralph Wilson stadium and utterly hate the Bills. My favorite team has always been Green Bay. Will they make the playoffs? I hope so. It is nice seeing Matthews tearing it up though. 6 sack and 10 tackles in 2 games it's insane. By contrast the bills pay 100 million for mario williams and he has 3 tackles.

Davec13
09-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Hate to say it by ysterday's pitiful performance but Dallas Cowboys. I am not a bandwagon fan and have been a Cowboy fan since the 70's. Also my parents are from Texas.

There were some rough years being a cowboys fan in that time frame. At least you always had the cheerleaders to keep your spirits up. :D

billf
09-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Growing up south of Boston I always like the Oakland Raiders. The colors, the costumes the fans wore, Jim Plunkett, etc. I had to watch the Patriots though and couldn't stand their logo, too lame. Then in 2000 I started working at the Ford dealer across the street from the stadium. Part of the condition of employment was participating in company charity functions which were usually partnered with the Patriots. Then when Bob Kraft was building the new stadium our owner allowed the team to use the company gym. Between those things I became friends with several of the players and began rooting for my friends, then the team. Tedi Bruschi is one of the classiest guys I have ever met. Damien Woody was so dang strong and very nice. Ted Johnson was cool and even took the time one day to show me something small I was doing wrong with my bench press. Some of the others seem to just go through the motions in the gym and on the field like Charles Johnson. Even though he was a wide receiver the others teased him about me curling more than he was benching. He also talked like he had a mouth full of marbles. I still root for the Patriots living in Ohio. Bob Kraft is a genuinely nice man that cares about his community. Have to root for a guy like that.

itstyler
09-18-2012, 02:38 AM
Bill that is pretty cool to atleast get to meet/ workout with the players. I'm pretty sure now both Damien Woody and Tedi Bruschi are on Espn. My dad's friend actually has had dinner with Bob Kraft and told us stories about him, saying how great of a guy he really is, so I can believe that! And Vampyre I am sorry you are a Cowboys fan!! Dave- Clay Matthews was on it and its good to see since last year wasn't the greatest for him, 5 sacks I'm pretty sure for him against Chicago!

Fatal
09-18-2012, 03:12 AM
Idgaf what anybody says Kansas City Cheifs baby. Even though they sucks I'm still loyal. We have talent.. I guess we just don't know what to do with it. I f'ing hate Matt Castle though. Such a puss. He needs to go. I also like the Tennessee Titans for some reason. I think its because of that one super bowl vs. St. Louis Rams. Such a good game.

itstyler
09-18-2012, 03:24 AM
One of th best super bowls. 1 yard... that is it. And Chiefs d is what needs help

floridanative772
09-18-2012, 06:13 AM
Miami dolphins, it gets harder every year lol

itstyler
09-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Uncle is a Dolphins fan. I mean you guys have some talent but don't know how to use it. And you guys drafted Ryan Tannehill (I call him Ryan Downhill)

The German Shepherd
09-18-2012, 10:29 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles!!!

Jay

americantrotter
09-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Patriots. Lived in New England since 2004. Resisted becoming a Pats fan because I was a die Hard Skins fan after growing up in VA. But I hate Dan Snyder with such a passion. The Pats were like my second team and now they are my first.

It's a shame that Snyder ruined my love for the Redskins, I used to love them so much. I didnt mind them sucking, but the futility and greed of Snyder finally drove me away.

Fatal
09-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Tyler, We need linemen.

Demoman
09-19-2012, 12:12 AM
This is easy NE Pats life long fan! Been watching them since we couldn't win a game and now one of the storied franchises of the game. Love coach Bill and the no BS system they have here always putting team first.

itstyler
09-19-2012, 01:22 AM
Alot of Patriots fans in here!! dang! A lot of New Englanders! but yeah Fatal Jammal Charles is a good back but I feel he needs blockers. And Trotter, he does make decisions that are stupid and he goes by the... we have money lets use it all instead of young talent. he is frustrating. Jay- im sorry you are an EAGLES fan. :)

snugbucco
09-19-2012, 02:06 AM
THE chiefs >.<

itstyler
09-19-2012, 04:14 AM
thats like 3 patriots and two chiefs and two eagles. damn.

tazmike
09-19-2012, 07:17 PM
I am a native floridian and ever since 1979 i have rooted for the miami dolphins. my dad and brothers got me into rooting for them.

billf
09-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Kansas City will be fine soon. Scott Pioli is a genius and will restore the luster soon. Not sure what he was thinking getting Matt Cassell though. One year filling in on a great team does not make a franchise QB

itstyler
09-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Yeah that one year on the Patriots... but if you think about it... it was the Patriots so it wasn't all Matt Cassell... and that year they didnt go to the playoffs.

Cuda K5
09-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Life long Packers fan. Reggie White was and still is my hero

I also Cheer for the Cardinals as long as they aren't playing the packers.

my 3rd favorite team is whoever plays the patriots, cowgirls, or viqueens

itstyler
09-20-2012, 02:40 PM
haha viqueens. never heard of that. i like cowgirls too haha

itstyler
09-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Who do you guys think are going to the super bowl???

Cuda K5
09-20-2012, 04:27 PM
packers ravens

Davec13
09-20-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm willing the bet the AFC champ and the NFC champ will go to the super bowl :P

Fatal
09-21-2012, 01:33 AM
I hope the falcons win only because of Tony Gonzalez. He deserves a ring.

itstyler
09-21-2012, 07:15 PM
ha Dave is clever. but yeah too bad Brent grimes their cornerback is out. but i think its going to 49er's and texans

Demoman
09-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Wow these picks guys? Super Bowl will be patriots vs packers

americantrotter
09-24-2012, 09:28 AM
The Super Bowl will be anyone the refs want right now. It's so bad right now.

Cuda K5
09-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Patriots???????

they are a losing team :p

Fatal
09-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Kansas City beat the Saints! SUCKITTT!!!!!!!!!!!

The Mayor
09-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Hardcore Dolphins fan here! What a rough one this week was... what an easy win that should've been, but mishaps and bad officiating all around. Nothing worse then losing to the Jests.

So far, the Texans look to be on another level from everyone else. It's going to be a strange season if the real refs don't come back soon.

CrimsonEncounter
09-26-2012, 09:03 AM
I live dead in the heart of Saints territory and cannot stand them. When I first played football I played for the Falcons, at the time I was a Raiders and Oilers fan, but eventually became a die hard Falcons fan. My bowling shirt is red and black and my bowling towel is a Falcons towel. I'm glad we're off to such a great start this season and hope that Matt Ryan and Julio Jones can lead Atlanta to its first Super Bowl this year.

panbanger
09-26-2012, 03:28 PM
I like the Bears and the Saints. Bears look pretty good so far, Saints on the other hand looks like it's a "I just hope Brees doesn't get hurt" kind of year lol

bayedup84
10-05-2012, 09:20 AM
whats wrong with nascar football team is Tampa Bay Bucs, also PBR is great sport to watch

bowl1820
10-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Not from the NFL but The old Tampa bay Bandits

Seamistlark
10-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Bawn in Mass and follow the Pats. Always have and always will. My two sons even follow them, just to upset the wife. I got a couple of great kids.

Bizwan65
10-28-2012, 11:13 PM
Miami Dolphin fan from NJ here. No real reason other than they were very good during my formative years (early 70's). Stuck through the good times and the bad. I'm happy they are showing some life this year. I don't think they will make the playoffs this year. Too soon. Maybe next year.

BlueTalon
08-04-2014, 03:30 PM
I know this is a zombie thread, but what the heck, it's football season!

My favorite team is the Seattle Seahawks. I was born in Seattle, grew up near Seattle, and I was in junior high when Seattle was awarded an expansion franchise, so I have been a fan of the Seahawks literally since before the team existed. For those who question that, who think I might be a bandwagon fan since we won the Super Bowl this year, I have a tattoo that proves I have been a fan for at least a few years.

I think we're going all the way again this year. I doubt Denver will make it again -- they've got to play every defense in the NFCW, and each one has the capability of pounding the Broncos to a bloody pulp.

foreverincamo
09-20-2014, 10:28 PM
I follow the Browns. I was an avid fan for years but after 1 winning season since they were brought back in '99, it's hard to dedicate my Sundays to them. So now I just keep track of them.

Blacksox1
09-20-2014, 10:38 PM
I know this is a zombie thread, but what the heck, it's football season! Miami Dolphins

YODA
09-21-2014, 04:56 PM
Colts are my team, always have been since I am from Indiana Origionally.. Right now we arent doing great, but I think we have a playoff shot for sure... Our defense needs help and we need a good RB

Aslan
09-21-2014, 07:05 PM
Lions

MICHAEL
10-09-2014, 09:47 AM
The Kansas City Missouri Chiefs, and I am not lion,,,, ( that was for you Aslan)

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt233/jasonrose01/cheifs4.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/jasonrose01/media/cheifs4.jpg.html)

manke
10-09-2014, 01:35 PM
The Greenbay Packers!!

bubba809
10-09-2014, 01:52 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/350uw4w.jpg

Mike White
10-09-2014, 01:59 PM
If I had to pick, I'd say the Green Bay Packers.

Reason.. There is about 0 chance of them moving to the L.A. Area.

And therefore 0 chance of them moving away. (Rams / Raiders)

P.S. I have relatives in the Green Bay area.

Sourtower
10-09-2014, 02:01 PM
Chicago Bears fan here... I bleed blue and orange.

MICHAEL
10-09-2014, 03:46 PM
If I had to pick, I'd say the Green Bay Packers.

Reason.. There is about 0 chance of them moving to the L.A. Area.

And therefore 0 chance of them moving away. (Rams / Raiders)

P.S. I have relatives in the Green Bay area.

I hear they found out YOU HAVE their new location,,,,,they are in the process of moving yet again!!! ( Under the relative protection program!) ;)

circlecity
10-15-2014, 03:40 PM
I have no favorite NFL team. I root for the Titans to win or lose because I live in tennessee now but is about it.

vdubtx
10-17-2014, 12:33 PM
Pittsburgh Steeler for as long as I can remember. Been through the good times and bad ones as well(just like this year). Still cannot fathom that the steel curtain(albeit filled with rust holes) lost so many games for us already. :D

jlwonderley
09-03-2015, 04:32 AM
I used to say Dallas Cowboys, mainly because as a child my dad liked the Redskins, and his friend liked the Cowboys; his friend convinced me that the Cowboys were better to annoy my dad. I've never really had an interest in football though, and almost never watch any.