PDA

View Full Version : How much has hitting up on the ball affected my ball speed?

Ball99999
09-18-2012, 06:56 AM
I've been REALLY trying to grab/lift/hit up on the ball until I've finally realized to stop that. The ball was way up in the air before being released..

bowl1820
09-18-2012, 07:37 AM
The main problem with Hitting up on today's balls is that it can make them erratic acting. Grabbing will mess up your release, you want it smooth so you can get those rev's and a good roll on it.

Tampabaybob
09-18-2012, 07:56 PM
Two of the highest average bowlers in our Thursday night league release the ball in a manner that you would never even think would have much power. I've watched them intensely and attempted to do the same but with no success....yet. To watch their release, it's totally effortless and the ball hits with TREMENDOUS force. bowl1820 is correct, these new balls act very differently than older equipment and adapting to them goes against everything we were originally taught. It's new and different and change is very difficult.

Bob

billf
09-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Depends on how much energy you were wasting lifting and my mind just went blank. Anyway, history with others says about 3mph on average.