PDA

View Full Version : Interesting speed tonight.. I think.

Ball99999
09-19-2012, 12:40 AM
So tonight I thought that change my release would increase speed.. but nope still 12-13 mph..

Soo I went from standing behind the dots closest to the lane to the dots behind them (not sure how you are supposed to distinguish the dot lines). I think it really helped go from 13 average to 15 average in speed.

Someone mentioned I still need more speed now which is true. He said to speed up or reduce revs so it was nice to know I had a lot of revs lol.

When I went back to the dots in front it felt like I was a child trying to squeeze steps into that small space.

Ball99999
09-19-2012, 03:36 AM
Also, converted the 4710 split :D

Keithalw
09-19-2012, 04:12 AM
Coverting the 4710 split awesome ball99999...

Tampabaybob
09-20-2012, 08:25 AM
I too, used to stand on the back of the approach and then I started really watching a few of the highest average bowler in the area and where they were standing. I never stood up very close but thought I'd give it a try. In short, I'm about 20" from the back of the approach, feel much more comfortable and relaxed and have not noticed any fluctuation in speed.

Just as a test, next time you bowl, walk to the foul line and take 4 normal steps back towards the end of the approach. See where you end up? Not many of us realize just how big our GIANT steps are when we're taking that approach. Almost makes yo think you'd have to be jumping to get to the line. You should be able to move up and within a reasonable amount of time feel comfortable doing it. Just remember, on a 4 step approach, slow, slow, quick, quick, for the speed of your steps.

Bob

J Anderson
09-20-2012, 11:12 PM
I too, used to stand on the back of the approach and then I started really watching a few of the highest average bowler in the area and where they were standing. I never stood up very close but thought I'd give it a try. In short, I'm about 20" from the back of the approach, feel much more comfortable and relaxed and have not noticed any fluctuation in speed.

Just as a test, next time you bowl, walk to the foul line and take 4 normal steps back towards the end of the approach. See where you end up? Not many of us realize just how big our GIANT steps are when we're taking that approach. Almost makes yo think you'd have to be jumping to get to the line. You should be able to move up and within a reasonable amount of time feel comfortable doing it. Just remember, on a 4 step approach, slow, slow, quick, quick, for the speed of your steps.

Bob

Plus another half step for the slide?

Ball99999
09-21-2012, 12:12 AM

Bob

It was the other way around.. I was always on the set of dots closest to the foul line. Mostly because of the 4.5 steps from the foul line to find your spot thing people taught. Ball speed always slow. Tried the farther back set of dots and that helped with ball speed.