PDA

View Full Version : Contest Sep 24, 2012 to Sep 30, 2012 - Roto Grip Shatter

BowlingBoards.com
09-24-2012, 12:29 AM
We are giving away a Roto Grip Shatter for a random poster from Sep 24, 2012 through Sep 30, 2012.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

striker12
09-24-2012, 12:46 AM
not fully sure how this ball will work soo would not mind getting one anyways

AngeloPD
09-24-2012, 02:54 AM
Ball looks good going down the lanes, just looked at a few videos of it on youtube.

kurowah
09-24-2012, 04:32 AM
Back in July, I was actually contemplating on whether or not if I should get this ball. I decided on another Roto ball because the shatter wasn't not out yet(got it for my birthday) and I wanted a bit stronger ball. I'm now considering getting another ball, so I might end up buying this. :p

Ball99999
09-24-2012, 08:36 AM
Beautiful looking ball; I think a lot of people would need something like this for medium to dry lanes.

MICHAEL
09-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

REALLY,,,, lol..... I enjoy your this blog very much, but if the more you participate, the better your chance, Bill would win every week! lol
Great site, but please,,, all of the winners are new bee's! many with a few posts! ((((( and thats ok, but please tell it like it is)))) If you have
won a ball,,, that's it!

bowl1820
09-24-2012, 10:29 AM

REALLY,,,, lol..... I enjoy your this blog very much, but if the more you participate, the better your chance, Bill would win every week! lol
Great site, but please,,, all of the winners are new bee's! many with a few posts! ((((( and thats ok, but please tell it like it is)))) If you have
won a ball,,, that's it!

I pretty much agree MICHAEL (you left off Quality content also) none of that has to do with winning.

It's like having a box with 50 marbles in it, 45 are black and 5 are several different colors. Then drawing one out each week and never pulling a black one out.

Cuda K5
09-24-2012, 10:44 AM
I am definitely looking for a ball for medium to dry lanes!

MICHAEL
09-24-2012, 10:57 AM
I pretty much agree MICHAEL (you left off Quality content also) none of that has to do with winning.

It's like having a box with 50 marbles in it, 45 are black and 5 are several different colors. Then drawing one out each week and never pulling a black one out.

I am not looking for a ball, but Quality of content??? I have read most, and I would have to say, quality control can't be the reason new-bee's win...lol!

As for the marbles analogy,,, I would have to respectfully disagree! Yes it happens, but the law of averages will always weigh out to the one with most color. Lol…… ( Iam just saying that new-bee’s win)!
Hard working real quality posts like Bills, don’t! honesty please!!!! The part where it says, the more you enter, THE BETTER YOUR chance…. Should be removed. Lol
Look I don’t want a ball from bowling board at all…. I just feel bad for Wild Bill,,, he should have a couple dozen wins by now!!! Lol lol

bowl1820
09-24-2012, 11:28 AM
As for the marbles analogy,,, I would have to respectfully disagree! Yes it happens, but the law of averages will always weigh out to the one with most color. Lol…… ( Iam just saying that new-bee’s win)!

That was my point Mike, a black one has to get picked more often. not just the other ones.

I don't think their picking from the posts, just the names of who posted.

Using the above marbles analogy, instead of drawing from the 50 marbles. They are just drawing from 6 (1 black and the 5 different colored ones)

or they are just picking from who starts the threads and not the replies. That would explain why the newbies win more, they start more threads than the long time members.

Long time members reply to more post than start threads.

Davec13
09-24-2012, 12:36 PM

won a ball,,, that's it!

I was here for months before I ever won, so It's not just the newbies who win :p There have also been people who win twice so that throws the newbie only win analogy out the window. In the end though everyone here has a chance to win a ball, and who doesn't want a free ball?

striker12
09-24-2012, 12:37 PM
just thought of this i would not mind winning this ball to give it to my brother soo i can get my too reckless back he took it and my 900 global the nuts from me but i got the nuts back.

panbanger
09-24-2012, 12:46 PM
I havent had my marble picked yet! And I lost my marbles a long time ago, so I may have to wait a while for mine to get picked.

Davec13
09-24-2012, 12:48 PM
I havent had my marble picked yet! And I lost my marbles a long time ago, so I may have to wait a while for mine to get picked.

Well you know what they say "everything is bigger in Texas" even the wait time to win.

bowl1820
09-24-2012, 01:20 PM
I was here for months before I ever won, so It's not just the newbies who win :p There have also been people who win twice so that throws the newbie only win analogy out the window. In the end though everyone here has a chance to win a ball, and who doesn't want a free ball?

You were at 5 month's (that's a newbie)

The majority of winners had been on here less than 3 months

Only 1 person has won more than once I believe (kev3nip) and he won his first ball when the site was owned by someone else and the rules were different. So technically he didn't win twice in this contest.
example:
Like the 30 post rule
No other posts anywhere on this site will count. Only in this thread.

I still like the guy who won the Pyramid Path Orange/Black back in may tybo003.
He joined on 04-26-2012 and won the May 07, 2012 to May 13, 2012 contest so he had been here about 2 weeks

His first post was on 4-26 and his 2nd post on 5-10. They are the only posts he's ever made, the post that won was 2 words "anyone? thanks ".

wdc1987
09-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Just got done looking at this ball last night!

75lockwood
09-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Just saying, i'm a newbie with a fair number of post so far and i didn't win :P but then again I'm about as lucky as a black cat on Friday the 13th

Mike White
09-24-2012, 05:19 PM
That was my point Mike, a black one has to get picked more often. not just the other ones.

I don't think their picking from the posts, just the names of who posted.

Using the above marbles analogy, instead of drawing from the 50 marbles. They are just drawing from 6 (1 black and the 5 different colored ones)

or they are just picking from who starts the threads and not the replies. That would explain why the newbies win more, they start more threads than the long time members.

Long time members reply to more post than start threads.

The way I read it is the selection is random. That doesn't mean it's an unbiased random. i.e. not all marbles have the same chance of being selected.

billf
09-24-2012, 11:07 PM

won a ball,,, that's it!

Michael, I agree with you and Bowl. It's obvious that the 'random drawing' is skewed. I don't need another ball nor want this particular ball. A free ball is not why I average 11.69 posts per day. To offer help, encouragement and just have some plain, old, fun. The BB administrators have posted on the giveaway thread before saying it is totally random. I'm ok with the fact that a person will only win once but why don't they at least admit it! I enjoy this forum and use bowling ball.com with satisfaction. The only area I feel bowlingball.com falls short is how they handle this forum. It's almost like it's an afterthought for them.

MisterSinister
09-25-2012, 12:07 AM
Cool ball, would be a nice add to my bag for sure.

eugene02
09-25-2012, 09:09 AM
regardless of whatever ball is it.. except for a spare ball.. a free ball is a free ball! wahahah!!!

The German Shepherd
09-25-2012, 09:13 AM
The way I look at tit, prizes for newbies or oldies, it doesn't matter (and I am not saying this because I was the beneficiary of a prize ball). Its all good - someone is getting a free ball and that cannot ever be a bad thing! The important thing is to have fun with it and not to let any kinds of sour grapes thinking creep in. We have a good group of people here that get along pretty darn well and that is one of the things that makes this group more appealing than others similar to it.

Jay (The sinister minister)

75lockwood
09-25-2012, 09:30 AM
regardless of whatever ball is it.. except for a spare ball.. a free ball is a free ball! wahahah!!!

A spare ball is still a ball, i wouldn't mind winning one lol

MICHAEL
09-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Michael, I agree with you and Bowl. It's obvious that the 'random drawing' is skewed. I don't need another ball nor want this particular ball. A free ball is not why I average 11.69 posts per day. To offer help, encouragement and just have some plain, old, fun. The BB administrators have posted on the giveaway thread before saying it is totally random. I'm ok with the fact that a person will only win once but why don't they at least admit it! I enjoy this forum and use bowling ball.com with satisfaction. The only area I feel bowlingball.com falls short is how they handle this forum. It's almost like it's an afterthought for them.

I agree with you Bill! I have won soooooo much money from the early days of bowling with Jason, ( at that time, now THE DUDE), that I am fixed for life! Its almost sad to be as bowling ball rich as I am! I really do sometimes, when short on newspaper, start my fireplace with $50.00 bills! You should see the guy that picks up my trash go through trash sacks looking for 20, 30, 40 even 43 dollar bills, Bill!

I also post for the same reason you do, only with a different slant. I post to confuse, embarrass, confound, and to cause discountenance! I am not looking for a free anything, and enjoy all the begging I see and read on this thread. The beautiful plastic ball that I won here after being on only a few short weeks, I gave to a Nun that’s in her 80’s and still bowls! She loves that new ball, and how it glows under the dark lights!
You want to make a STRIKE with Bill and Iceman, in your SPARE time come up with a set of clearly defined Contest Rules, which define how the winner is really chosen… Don’t give false hope to the many onetime winners that think they have a chance, only to get a gutter ball week after week, and no BALL return!
I like this site very much, for reasons I mentioned above, just reading all the crazy, fun, informative bowling stuff on this blog is in itself a great reward!!

1. Make it truly a random drawing!
3. All winners must bowl a 300 game with that new ball within 6 months, or return it plugged to Bowingboard.com (exception being spare balls)!
4. All winners should get a Free Tee-shirt with the logo of bowlingboard.com on it with the picture of a bowling ball, and the statement, “I begged, and won”! what a great cheap way to get the word out on this wonderful site!

Well that’s my thoughts I put togerther in my SPARE time, for what little its worth, hope it STRIKES a chord!

panbanger
09-25-2012, 01:02 PM
I would post more if I knew more, I promise! I read almost everything here though. The knowledge is worth more than a new ball to me. I didn't even knew they gave away balls until I had already been here a few weeks.

bayedup84
09-26-2012, 09:06 AM
My buddy just got this ball, has a real nice hook on it. Specially on oily lanes still

Demoman
09-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Was there a ball given away between this one and the dv8?

bowl1820
09-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Was there a ball given away between this one and the dv8?

Yeah a Maxxed out was the last ball, the thread for it vanished for some reason.

Demoman
09-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Strange - congrats to whoever the winner was

75lockwood
09-27-2012, 10:01 PM
Strange - congrats to whoever the winner was

Twas floridanative772

bayedup84
09-28-2012, 09:10 AM
yea my friend floridanative772 won the last ball, goin to get drilled today, will keep posted on how she worked

bayedup84
09-28-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm game for a free ball. Specially now, gettin back into bowling after 13+ years. Haven't got the extra money now to get good ball and shoes. Be nice to not use plastic house balls and clown shoes

CrimsonEncounter
09-28-2012, 02:10 PM
I wouldn't mind a different brand ball honestly. Not asking, just saying lol

EboniteKid299
09-28-2012, 02:13 PM
I liked how the Shatter looked, would love winning one of these

kurowah
09-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Love for Roto! I made a wish on a shooting star last night. ;)

Tampabaybob
09-28-2012, 08:54 PM
My spare ball is a Roto Plastic world and he's looking for his cousin Shatter !! LOL

Bob

striker12
09-30-2012, 10:00 PM
just looked up alot more videos on this ball and also got to try it out my self it works great it was my buddys ball and he sead he will only use it when the lanes are almost dry i told him just adjust to the lane and u can use it i stood on 20 like i normaly do with mos tof my shots and i had it moving in hard and hitting the pins nicly could not get it to fully get to the pocket but i just stayed on the same line and thought i dont really need to worry about strikes but my spares is the main thing ineeded to work on.

75lockwood
10-01-2012, 02:00 PM
and the winner is.....

lol

Tampabaybob
10-02-2012, 08:06 PM
OMG>>>>>Just got the notification that I won ! Can't wait to get this thing in my bag and try it out. Already know how I want it drilled.

Thanks, Bowling Boards, very appreciated.

Bob

Davec13
10-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Way to go. seems like more of the "regulars" around here are cashing in on the giveaways recently.

75lockwood
10-02-2012, 09:30 PM
OMG>>>>>Just got the notification that I won ! Can't wait to get this thing in my bag and try it out. Already know how I want it drilled.

Thanks, Bowling Boards, very appreciated.

Bob

did you respond? still no official notification. Congrats if truthful :p

billf
10-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Congratulations Bob. Make sure you send a PM back lol

Tampabaybob
10-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Bill & 75lockwood, thanks. Yeah I got the notification tonite when I signed in and was shocked. Sent a PM back, hopefully he received it.

Bob

bowl1820
10-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Holysmokes some whos been here longer than 6 months! Way to go Bob.

billf
10-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Dang Bob, I didn't notice you were here that long. I didn't see a post from you until a few months ago lol

Tampabaybob
10-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Yeah it's been a while, not sure when I started posting, work lately has been crazy.

Bob

kurowah
10-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Congratz, congratz!

AngeloPD
10-03-2012, 02:27 AM
Congratulations Bob!

floridanative772
10-03-2012, 06:15 AM
Congrats Bob

hehateme
10-03-2012, 08:04 AM
Congrats Bob!

MICHAEL
10-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Dang Bob, I didn't notice you were here that long. I didn't see a post from you until a few months ago lol

Just remember Bill, the MORE you POST, the better your odds of winning! ( But they must be quality posts, Bill!!!) LOL (:) Congra-you-relations!!!! lol

striker12
10-03-2012, 12:56 PM
gratz bob hope the ball works god for you and gets you those nice high games.

Tampabaybob
10-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Thanks, all. This is just the right ball for our current conditions at our house. The length that this ball will go is what I need. Will let you all know how it performs. I'll also upload a picture once I get it drilled to the new thread and get that started.

Bob

75lockwood
10-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Has Bowlingboard's responded to you yet? no official announcement yet as far as i can see

Demoman
10-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Congrats Bob! If anyone deserves to win a ball around here it's you! Hope it's working nice for you

eugene02
10-09-2012, 04:03 AM
Congrats Bob! take a video and show us!

BowlingBoards.com
10-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Congrats Tampabaybob, enjoy your new Shatter!