PDA

View Full Version : Todd book & mark williams lead at lake county indiana golden anniversary championship

onefrombills
11-06-2008, 11:47 PM
Two bowlers who have had a lot of success in Indiana found more luck in Lake County Thursday as Todd Book, of Cantonment, Fla., finished atop the field of exempt bowlers and Mark Williams, of Beaumont, Tex., finished in first place in the senior division at the Lake County Indiana Golden Anniversary Championship at Olympia Lanes in Hammond, Ind. Book finished the day at +510, averaging 237.46 over two seven-game blocks. Williams wrapped up with +188, averaging 213.92 over two seven-game blocks.

“Indiana’s been pretty good to me,” said Book, who earned his first career PBA exemption by leading the PBA Tour Trials in 2007, also held in Lake County.

“I missed zero spares today; when that happens you’ll be up there (in the standings),” Book continued. “It’s really key out here and I concentrated heavily on that. My mental game is good and I am confident heading into tomorrow.”

Book made his only televised final at the Lake County Indiana Classic in nearby Merrilllville, Ind. in 2007, where he finished fourth. He will begin Friday’s Round of 32 as the top seed.

Williams, a member of the PBA Hall of Fame, won the PBA Senior Lake County Indiana Open, also held at Olympia Lanes in August 2008. He has 17 Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour titles and leads the field going into Friday’s Round of 8.

“It’s one of my favorite bowling centers,” said Williams. “I won here in August and I’ve really been looking forward to coming back. Between the two tournaments I haven’t stuck with the same strategy, I’ve played about six different arrows.”

The senior championship round will be televised and televised live for the first time since 2001.

The Lake County Indiana Golden Anniversary Championship is taking place from Nov. 4-9 at Olympia Lanes in Hammond, Ind. Friday features the top 32 bowlers and top 8 senior bowlers competing in a single-elimination best 4-out-of-seven match play format. Saturday is a day for the fans, with PBA Pro-Ams and Fan Day taking place at Olympia Lanes. The championship round takes place Sunday, live on ESPN at 1 p.m. EST.