PDA

View Full Version : Cost of a Coach

Greenday
09-25-2012, 10:36 AM
There's only so much I can do to learn on my own. I can research stuff and practice but I really need a second set of experienced eyes to see what I do wrong and help get rid of that. I was on the USBC's website to check my league scores for last week (My team had a good week!) and saw they had a find a coach option. I did it and contacted one of the guys who is relatively close. He's a bronze level coach and he charges $40 a practice (1 hour per session). Is that a fair price? He has a deal worked out with the lanes where games for his students only cost $1 a game. He also said he'd only charge $30 for the first week. Am I getting a good deal here or is this price too much?

chrono00
09-25-2012, 11:49 AM
sounds more than fair. it seems most prices I hear range from like 30-60 an hour. really what matters is if he is actually a good teacher or not i guess, which you won't know untill you have a lesson

Zothen
09-25-2012, 12:43 PM
I think it depends on the level of coach in what they charge. I know my pro shop charges $60 per lesson and I think he's at the top of the coaching level,while Mark Baker charges $80 per hour and he is a renound coach who has been doing seminars with PBA bowler Chris Barnes and other PBA stars.

Zothen

billf
09-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Better coaches have better reputations. The better the reputation, the more they can charge. $80/hour was the average at my Bronze seminar. That's what coaches who were not yet Bronze certified were charging! Video analysis is usually extra, just so you know. Make a list of your questions, what you want to work on, etc. Be as specific as possible to maximize your dollar. Take notes on what he is telling you. You would be amazed at what little but important information slips our minds a week later.
Please let us know how the lesson goes.