PDA

View Full Version : Lane Changes 793 to 649

EboniteKid299
09-25-2012, 02:57 PM
So here's the scenario.. I bowled league Thursday and shot a 793 series which I was obviously happy about (I wrapped a 10 pin the last game in the 10th frame to shoot 269 instead of 290) =/ but then I bowled league Monday last night in the same house and the shot felt completely different and everybody else was struggling as well not just me I shot 649 I was told nothing about the shot had been changed.. I'm wondering what could be the cause..? the weather was much cooler Monday than Thursday can the weather really change the way the pattern play or could it have been something completely different? There were 210 bowlers shooting 490s and 500s.. it definitely was interesting.

Davec13
09-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Do you play on wood lanes? If so weather definitely can have an effect on the lanes. If everyone was struggling though there has to be something else going on. A malfunctioning lane machine, new brand of oil, or even an earlier shift pushing the oil in different locations.

mdlee3
09-25-2012, 05:02 PM
This sounds like my last 2 leagues. Now, I'm not anywhere close to a 793, but I shot a 631 on Thursday and then shot a 475 on Monday. I honestly feel like I got lucky just to bowl as well as a 475 as it could have easily been a low 400. Our center had a sport shot tournament over the weekend and we got what was leftover from it. I've bowled on sport shots before and done decent, but it was at least a fresh shot then. Getting a burned up sport shot when you're expecting THS is ridiculous, but that wasn't even the part that bothered me the most. The part that bothered me the most was that the owner wouldn't admit that there was anything different about the lanes. Obviously I can't speak for your center and hopefully they didn't do something like that, but who knows right?

EboniteKid299
09-25-2012, 08:20 PM
That's similar to what happened to me, the owner said nothing changed but it was obvious something was different there was another guy with a 216 average who shot a 490! Another factor was the 2 lanes were very different from each other left lane was hooking and right lane was oil all over the place.. as far as I know the fresh house pattern was out because the pins were gone from every lane

EboniteKid299
09-25-2012, 08:32 PM
The surface is actually synthetic, i'm not sure how good or bad the lane machine is that the house is using the oil being pushed sooner is possible but it felt like they were tighter/hooking less with reduced back-end from the very start in practice

billf
09-25-2012, 10:28 PM
I bowled league yesterday and today on the same lanes. Wood. Nice yesterday, cold and rainy today. 721 last night, 542 tonight. The whole house struggled tonight. It happens but what upsets me is that I wasn't a good enough bowler to overcome it.

MICHAEL
09-26-2012, 10:16 AM
I bowled league yesterday and today on the same lanes. Wood. Nice yesterday, cold and rainy today. 721 last night, 542 tonight. The whole house struggled tonight. It happens but what upsets me is that I wasn't a good enough bowler to overcome it.

You know Bill, that's what UPSETS me most is my

Inability to compensate and have a good day every day I bowl! I think that’s what separates the Great, from the average bowlers. I know some things to do to make corrections, but some nights nothing seems to work! But I know that its me 99 percent of the time!!

EboniteKid299
09-26-2012, 01:02 PM
That's how I felt too when I was struggling Monday Michael.. I kept making change after change from moving left and right, making ball changes to loft and not lofting and just couldn't figure anything out, hopefully better things can come next time

forhuskers
09-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Wow, I've been feeling crappy since I shot a 489 last night. I bowl Tuesday and Thursday nights in the same house. (Actually the only house in town). The lanes are never the same both nights. I used everything I knew how to do. Different balls with different surfaces, more revs, less revs, inside, outside. Nothing worked. I started out the night with 4 opens in a row but managed to pull out a 170, then I had a 180, then a 139! I was lost. Maybe I shouldn't have tried so many different changes and just focused more on targeting. I'll probably come back with a 700 tomorrow night!

EboniteKid299
09-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Wow, I've been feeling crappy since I shot a 489 last night. I bowl Tuesday and Thursday nights in the same house. (Actually the only house in town). The lanes are never the same both nights. I used everything I knew how to do. Different balls with different surfaces, more revs, less revs, inside, outside. Nothing worked. I started out the night with 4 opens in a row but managed to pull out a 170, then I had a 180, then a 139! I was lost. Maybe I shouldn't have tried so many different changes and just focused more on targeting. I'll probably come back with a 700 tomorrow night!

You know that's another problem I have too sometimes, lol I try so many different things it can really be a bad thing. Sometimes it's better to just stick to one thing you feel best about and try to make it work I think

billf
09-28-2012, 09:57 PM
If I'm leaving spare I can convert, I don't bother moving too often.