PDA

View Full Version : 234 Average ball change in weight

MICHAEL
09-26-2012, 04:36 PM
I know a pretty good size muscular black bowler, that I have bowled against in league that told me the reason he does so well is that he changed from a 16, 15, to a 14lb ball! Said he got a lot more power, and rev's our of his ball! The first time we met was the time we both had a 279 our first game! He went on to beat me by 30 something pins but it was close, ((( I had a lucky day, good day,, what ever))) lol
This guy looks like he could throw a 50lb ball, but uses a 14. Anyone else know of a person that went lighter and had the great scores and average this guys has!

Cuda K5
09-26-2012, 04:47 PM
I am a pretty big guy and can toss a 16lb ball 25mph, but i have a lot better control and accuracy using a 14lbs ball. I am probably seeing a 20 pin average difference

Davec13
09-26-2012, 04:51 PM
While I'm not up to that average I have moved down in ball weight (not to 14lbs yet). Hell when I was in track I was throwing a 16 ball the length of the lanes through the air so rolling one isn't a problem for me. The lower weight has given me more freedom in the lanes though, as I can finesse the ball more. That's the great thing about this sport you have options and can experiment and figure out what works best for you.

Also with today's balls there really isn't a difference in a 15 or 16 pound ball when it comes to pin reaction.

MICHAEL
09-26-2012, 10:33 PM
This guy is an animal!! Like I said he could throw any weight!! But,,,, he said when he went 14lbs, it increase his average MANY pins,,,, I believe he said it was around 200,,, and now 230’s! Anyone else out there have this same out-come?? I am thinking about getting one just to give it a try! This guy I am talking about has huge rev’s, and good ball speed, shots from the far left, aims 3rd arrow, and that ball comes back big time. I will talk to him, and find out more information! Hi is a strong 700 series bowler, what I have seen of him!

striker12
09-27-2012, 12:44 AM
yeah micheal ik of 1 person like that (me) lol i went down to the 14lb ball and use to throw 16-15lb balls but other reason for going down was wrist problems but i have got alot mroe controll and reacently alot better games i went up on monday and bowled and my games where 197-238-253 for a 688 series my too reckless was going crazy and the pinaction i had was great prevented the 7-10split 6 times and got strike every time.

MisterSinister
09-27-2012, 07:35 AM
I started using 14lbs because a friend of mine does as well. He lets me use a ball here ir there, and has even given me a few old ones. It works great for me, because I don't use my thumb. I gives me better control on my backswing. Yeah, the MPH is up as well, probably revs up as well, but it's the control that means the most to me. He's also a two finger bowler, and he started using 14 when he realized he had way more control with his 14lb spare ball than his 15lb strike ball. One night he just started using his plastic spare ball to throw strikes just because he could predict where it was going to go better. His average is up 20 pins since going to 14, and mine is up 15 pins or so.