PDA

View Full Version : Motiv Primal Scream

Npahr
09-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Have you heard!? The new Primal Scream has been unleashed and is making some serious noise! This new release is best used for medium/heavy oil patterns and screams back to the pocket from virtually anywhere! The scream uses a solid version of the whiplash coverstock, which was first introduced on the 2 cruel as a hybrid. The out of box surface is 4000 grit and clears the front part of the lane with ease while still picking up in the midlane and making a strong continuous motion to the pocket on the longer patterns. The core in the Primal Scream is that of the Primal Impulse with some tweaks that make it a great combo with the solid whiplash cover in oil. The medium/high RG (2.55) and medium diff (.050) of the Impulse V2 core allows the ball to be smooth and continuous with a cover that is aggressive and picks up in the oil. Start making the pins scream today with the all new Primal Scream from Motiv! Pick yours up today at your local pro shop!

Nick Pahr

MOTIVated Staff Member

Get MOTIVated!

bowl1820
09-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Here we go again, its better, it clears the heads easy, its more continuous, all styles can use it, it works on all conditions, no matter what surface you put on it, it works.

Davec13
09-26-2012, 10:17 PM
While the reviews are always the same bowl this actually looks like a very nice ball. I've been talking with a MOTIV staff member about this ball through email and this is exactly what he told me about this ball when I asked about it vs the raptor p7.

The Primal Scream isn’t quite as strong overall as the Raptor P7. It is meant for heavy-medium oil and has a much different ball motion. The Primal Scream is going to go much further down the lane and have a strong backend reaction. It is very angular on the back. The Raptor P7 will read earlier and be much smoother.

So for me that is a pretty honest answer about this ball (not a canned review) and it looks like a ball I may add to the arsenal.

bowl1820
09-26-2012, 10:46 PM
While the reviews are always the same bowl this actually looks like a very nice ball. I've been talking with a MOTIV staff member about this ball through email and this is exactly what he told me about this ball when I asked about it vs the raptor p7.

The Primal Scream isn’t quite as strong overall as the Raptor P7. It is meant for heavy-medium oil and has a much different ball motion. The Primal Scream is going to go much further down the lane and have a strong backend reaction. It is very angular on the back. The Raptor P7 will read earlier and be much smoother.

So for me that is a pretty honest answer about this ball (not a canned review) and it looks like a ball I may add to the arsenal.

It's not if the ball is good or bad or if Motiv makes good balls (and they do make good ones).

If a Staffer is going to post a review, post a real one not just a canned advertisement. Most of the staffer reviews all say its the greatest ball since the last greatest ball.

They could at least come up with their own wording and not just use whats in the advertisements to describe the latest release.

Davec13
09-26-2012, 10:53 PM
True. I usually pay little attention to reviews anyways.

I would rather look at a few videos and find someone who has it to see how it looks going down the lane. Unfortunately around me those fancy air fresheners rule the lanes. It makes it hard to get an idea about the other balls available on the market.

Siddy
09-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Very true, It kinda steers from wanting me to buy a ball when i see post like these over and over. i want to see post from people that are not on the payroll that's the only way you can get a idea on how the ball really is.