PDA

View Full Version : Online or Pro Shop Where do you go?

MICHAEL
09-28-2012, 01:07 AM
Where do you buy your bowling equipment and accessories ONLINE or PRO SHOP?

Just curious where most of you purchase your bowling tape, cleaner, balls, ect! I purchase about 50/50! Some good deals on line! Also many items that they have on line are not even in the pro shops! I purchased my ball spinner on line, very happy with it! Use it all the time to make adjustments! Purchase tape, and cleaner also on line, a glove last month! I would say its about even for me!

striker12
09-28-2012, 01:37 AM
i go to the proshop cause i got deals there and abit work there to learn more things but if i get a new credit card i might get some things online.

floridanative772
09-28-2012, 06:35 AM
I bought my defiant at the pro shop because it was cheaper there than online. But other things like cleaner, shoes and my bag I got awesome deals on from bowlingball.com.

MICHAEL
09-28-2012, 10:30 AM
I have ordered several things from bowlingball.com and got good products, fast! It is my online purchase site! I like many of the features it has, like the COMPARE the bowling balls! You can put them side by side and check out the details!

bayedup84
09-28-2012, 10:48 AM
I agree 50/50 both have better deals on other items than the other. Plus nice to go in the pro shop see hands on

Siddy
09-28-2012, 12:28 PM
My Pro shop does not bring in balls anymore besides a few plastics and entry balls. No one buys high-end balls that often since they have been coming out to fast with newer ones. I can buy cleaners and tape from him.

Everything else i have to order online. I can make a order from the house but they only make orders about twice a month and takes a long time to get there.

Zothen
09-28-2012, 12:34 PM
I go to a pro shop for all my bowling needs as it's cheaper then on-line.

Zothen

AngeloPD
09-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Its 50/50 for me aswell, if i run out of black or white tape, i just go to the pro shop and buy some so i dont have to wait 3days

kurowah
09-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Pro shop. I like experience of being able to deal with the guy face to face. Enjoy a some chit-chat and be able to handle the products directly.....plus..there is also a added shipping free to Hawai'i for most online dealers.

75lockwood
09-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Being in canada, buying balls online is not possible do to the insane shipping costs, so i tend to deal with pro shop's

billf
09-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Balls with the pro. Tape is usually from the alley. Cleaners, polishes, etc. I get on-line as I buy them by the quart. The pro I use is 50 miles away so going there for little stuff would be insane and the local pro is somewhat of a joke.

Davec13
09-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Little items at the pro shop, big items online.

GeoLes
10-04-2012, 04:48 PM
I agree 50/50 both have better deals on other items than the other. Plus nice to go in the pro shop see hands on

For me it is a bit of a dilema. My local bowling centers lack a full-time proshop. So I purchase misc items "catch as catch can." They are usually there for the big league night, which is usually Tuesday and Thurdsay night. My league is Monday night, and I am usualy too busy to get over there to shop if they were open, which they are not. (God fobid I should need a quick ball adjustment before league play starts).

Weekends would be great when I go for quick practice, but sadly they are nto avaiable then. Maybe because most of the kids and the "non-bowliers" are there, or it is not worth their time to keep lights on when the "serious bowlers" are not there. It's a shame that centers do such a dis-service.

There are a couple of very nice bowlling centers a distance away with full time pro shops. On the occasional long trip, I enjoy shopping and discovering things, I need, but did not know existed before. I can ask questions and get informed answers too.

So in retrospect, i would say as long as I know what I am looking for, I prefer to get it onlne.

billf
10-04-2012, 09:22 PM
I always buy a Powerball ticket from the bowling alley. All the employees know that if I hit it big I'm building a bowling alley. The current owner is a good guy so I will let him in on it, basically give him half the alley and I get to run the pro shop. The pro shop would be open any hours the alley is open and would have 2-4 lanes in it for coaching and trying balls, etc. It's a dream but it's my dream lol
Beats the hell out of my current profession.

jimlc2001
10-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Bowling Balls, shoes and most little stuff from the pro shop. The shoes because I prefer trying them on before purchasing. A lot of the stuff I buy from them is because of convenience and I like making friends with the shop owner.

MisterSinister
10-05-2012, 07:26 AM
I go to a pro shop just so I can talk about my game with the guy. I can talk about the PBA tour as well, and our children, can't do that wih an online shop.

ryno108
10-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Proshop for balls, bowlingball.com for anything else as my nearest proshop is over an hour away.