PDA

View Full Version : A Screamin' new ball!

sportshot
09-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Ball Specs Ball Specs:
Motiv Primal Scream
Solid Reactive
4000 Grit Sanded
Symmetrical Core
Layout 60x5x45 No Balance Hole

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 5 Over 3/4 Up
Rev Rate 275. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
Speed off hand 18

Review:
The New Motiv Primal Scream is another great addition to the Motiv lineup. All the bowling “buzz” words apply to this one. Clean through the front - This ball really gets past the heads clean, saving energy for a very angular but predictable backend. Continuation – The Scream drives through the pins hard and it’s comforting to see the ball exit behind the 8 pin, (For a righty). Mid lane Read – This ball revs in the mids great, again saving energy for the backend. The Primal Scream covers a wide range of lane conditions due to the ability to keep the first twenty feet from dictating the ball motion.
I used this ball on a House shot that was slightly on the oily side, and a flat shorter pattern. The ball was stronger than my Primal Impulse but less than the 2-Cruel. I had great recovery even when I put it right of target. The Primal Scream was very predictable as the lane broke down, and adjustments seem minor. The Scream also carried well when I moved deeper due to the entry angle this ball has. This ball also has fantastic color and shelf appeal.

Summary:
Clean through the front with a great angular backend.
Excellent hit and carry.
Predictable for an angular ball.
Possibly a better core and cover match than the Impulse.
Anyone that likes to watch a ball corner will love this.
Glenn
PBA Member
Motiv Staff
Turbo Staff

www.motivbowling.com

sportshot64@comcast.net