PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Move For ME!!!!

MICHAEL
10-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Well, I have been getting a LOT of hook/movement out of my DV8 Terror and Marauder! To much I thought, was moving left, more and more early in the first game of league to the point it was becoming a problem in that it reaches a point of diminishing returns! I then put Brunswick High Polish on my Terror, and marauder to hopefully take some of that big early hook out of the balls! I was not HAPPY AT ALL! Even slowing down the speed, and standing far right, I could not get the balls to dive into the pocket worth a darn!!! I got home and sanded both 500 grit, and hope that they work better now! On the marauder I used the dull polish which is the gritty polish to take the place of the rough buff!
I have league this morning, will be interesting to see how the two balls react now!

MICHAEL
10-01-2012, 11:03 AM
I just went back to read ball maintenance for the DV8 terror/marauder, and Both Say High gloss polish for final step! WOW!! I did that, as mentioned and they went flat on me!! (WEAK hook)! All I did was clean them, and then put the Brunswick High Polish on the balls! Could it be that I should have used (their Mico pad ect)? I thought the polish would have been enough to tame some of that huge hook! Boy, did it! VERY LITTLE AT ALL!

bowl1820
10-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Okay your ball was hooking too much, so you cleaned the ball and added some polish to tame it. Nothing wrong with that, But how much did you use? and how did you apply it?

MICHAEL
10-01-2012, 12:30 PM
I use my spinner. I use Brunswick High Gloss, ( as mentioned on the DV8 web site). I rub it on the ball with a microfiber towel, then turn the spinner on, and polish for 30 seconds. I did this with the ball in 4 different positions! Result: ball slid past the pocket, even slowing the speed down, no help!
Was told by the driller at our lanes that I need the mico puff,,, Or something that Brunswick makes, need to follow the 3 steps. I just sanded it at 500, and put high polish on the ball, league in about 2 hours will see if that helps.
One coat, with some overlap for sure!

bowl1820
10-01-2012, 03:10 PM
I use my spinner. I use Brunswick High Gloss, ( as mentioned on the DV8 web site). I rub it on the ball with a microfiber towel, then turn the spinner on, and polish for 30 seconds. I did this with the ball in 4 different positions! Result: ball slid past the pocket, even slowing the speed down, no help!
Was told by the driller at our lanes that I need the mico puff,,, Or something that Brunswick makes, need to follow the 3 steps. I just sanded it at 500, and put high polish on the ball, league in about 2 hours will see if that helps.
One coat, with some overlap for sure!

As for the polish it would depend on how much you used. I would have used just about a nickel size blob, for about 15-30 seconds max let dry a few seconds then buff off, then flip and repeat done.

If that was still too strong, I would change the base grit up to 2000 or maybe 4000 if needed and hit it with a light coat of polish.

As for the "mico puff" I believe He's referring to a 500 Siaair Micro Pad, which is similar to a abralon pad. As for the three steps (500,Rough Buff then High Gloss) that's to put the ball back to the O.O.B. finish.

billf
10-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Mike, I use the corresponding Abralon pads on my DV8 stuff in place of the Siaair micro pad with no issues. I also go to OOB finish. If I don't like the finish/reaction, I just change balls. As I told you, I would have done two coats but they would have been dime-sized. Knowing you they were half dollar sized!

How did it work?

MICHAEL
10-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Mike, I use the corresponding Abralon pads on my DV8 stuff in place of the Siaair micro pad with no issues. I also go to OOB finish. If I don't like the finish/reaction, I just change balls. As I told you, I would have done two coats but they would have been dime-sized. Knowing you they were half dollar sized!

How did it work?

Well Bill your pretty sharp, and I must admit know a lot more then me about bowling, BUT it was not dime size, or half dollar sized, more like SPAGHETTI Size!!
One long string of beautiful Brunswick high gloss polish! lol And the polish did not work out worth a dime!! I scraped it all off with a butter knife. Now the ball makes a lot of noise while rolling down the lane, but much butter hook!! lol