PDA

View Full Version : Interesting two weeks

CrimsonEncounter
10-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Alright, first off last Sunday (9/23) I bowled in my Sunday night league, lit it up for my highest series (548). Turned around on Tuesday and couldn't find the bowling alley standing in the bowling alley. I had a dismal showing scoring ONLY a 314 series (quit laughing). Turned around on Wednesday night and proved to myself that that was just a bad night of bowling as I returned to normal and bowled a 472. I came on here and picked up a few pointers and started all over again on Sunday. Rolled lower than last Sunday with a 427, was pretty much on par with everything else on Tuesday and rebounded, scoring a 433. Last night though, was something special. I moved back from my normal starting point on the approach about 3 inches and lit up the lanes, scoring a 535. Personally I think that series was better than the 548 because I hit more strikes (18 out of a possible 36).

My next step is to reach the 600 plateau.

striker12
10-04-2012, 01:53 PM
nice job on the series and gl with getting the 600 series your close and this site gives a lot of good pointers that will help you in any part of the game mental, and all the others stuff(srry just cant seem to spell those words out right know).

but the main key is durin practice find your line that works great for you every week it will be different cause you will have to think of who you are playing agenst too are they on the same line as you or are they to the left of your line for righty's or right of my line for lefty's.

vgw
10-04-2012, 03:42 PM
That is all over the board. You might want to track total marks (strikes & spares) rather than just strikes to help judge how well you bowled. Spare shooting is extremely important in keeping your scores and average up. Good luck.

75lockwood
10-04-2012, 04:02 PM
That is all over the board. You might want to track total marks (strikes & spares) rather than just strikes to help judge how well you bowled. Spare shooting is extremely important in keeping your scores and average up. Good luck.

I'll Second that, if you hit every single spare a 600 series should be no real challenge, remember 9/ ever frame = 191, so add 2 strikes per game and you got your 600 :cool:

billf
10-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Depends on where in the game those strikes happen. A double gets you over 200. Spread about is a 194.

Take some paper and make a diagram of the pins. Mark where each shot goes. This will let you see when you start hitting too much head pin, etc. Darken in the circles of the pins left standing and whether you made the spare. Make notes on lay down and target and what ball used. You only need to write this down when you make a change. It's time consuming but will also help you focus on what you're doing and force you to pay attention to what the ball is doing.