PDA

View Full Version : Bowling Ball Storage in an Apartment

jimlc2001
10-04-2012, 08:37 PM
I'll be moving to the DC Metro sometime around March 2013 and noticed that housing is quite expensive. All my prior residencies had garages, and my bowling balls were kept in there. So this will be an adjustment. If you do not have a garage, where do you keep your bowling equipment? I'll most likely end up in a single bedroom apartment with 15 bowling balls to store somewhere accessible. I was looking at bowling ball racks on ebay, but the 2 x 2 boards they use don't look strong enough to hold 60-75 lbs.

billf
10-04-2012, 09:01 PM
We have small racks at our center that holds 15 balls. Three high, five across. I will see the owner Saturday morning and I will ask where he got them. I would like one for myself.

I don't leave my stuff in the garage. It's in my den/office. Closer to room temperature so I feel safer. Gets awful cold in Ohio during the winter to store balls outside.

jimlc2001
10-04-2012, 09:06 PM
That would be great, thanks! When I lived in Louisiana and Germany, they were indoors...but I only had 3-6 then. Needless to say, I've been on a bowling ball buying binge since arriving to California.

billf
10-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Louisiana, Germany, California and soon D.C. Army?

edpup316
10-04-2012, 09:10 PM
This is what I have but it was made in my garage. I usually have at least the bottom 2 roows filled on the big one but i was doing some ball testing so not all my equipment was here. If they make it the right way it would be able to hold the weight no problem.

jimlc2001
10-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Billf, Air Force.

edpup, I'm guessing you used screws, but don't see any in the picture.

edpup316
10-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Ya i used screws. Drilled them about a 1/4 of the way in which creates a more stable and stronger connection and hides the metal so its just nice wood all around.

striker12
10-05-2012, 12:58 AM
when i lived in a apt i put most of the bowling ball i never used under my bed and the rest that i did use where in my bowling bags at the foot of my bed.

know since i went to a new house witch is much smaller i only got a half a foot at the end of my bed know, i made a stand for my bowling balls went to the store and bought a shoe rack, never made it because the gaps where too small for bowling balls to fit in and its only 3 shelf's that can hold 3 bowling balls each so i took some 2 by 4 and stood it up and drilled the holes to get the screws threw but the holes i drilled where smaller then the screws so the screws where not lose but will thread threw.
before i did that i messured it and marked it then i drilled and at the bottom cut out a pieace so i can put the 2 extra wood pieace's from the shoe rack and have it balanced so it wont fall over and put it in my living room.

hope people can read this i edited it my best and think i did pretty good.