PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the Cheese Land

Basisud
10-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Hey guys. I've been browsing for a while now. I figured I'd register. I'm a freshman bowling for the first time collegiately. I am averaging 215ish on house shots and 180 at tournaments on sport. I've read a lot of awesome tips that have helped. Hopefully I can add some insightful information for bowlers looking to improve. I doubt it though because I use the wrong hand.

J Anderson
10-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Hey guys. I've been browsing for a while now. I figured I'd register. I'm a freshman bowling for the first time collegiately. I am averaging 215ish on house shots and 180 at tournaments on sport. I've read a lot of awesome tips that have helped. Hopefully I can add some insightful information for bowlers looking to improve. I doubt it though because I use the wrong hand.

The wrong hand???????????????????

In case you mean that you're a lefty, there are several lefties who post regularly. Billf and I are both able to throw with either hand. There are no real differences between throwing the ball right handed or left handed. From either side you need the same things; balance, timing, a free swing, a good release, accuracy, mental focus. Is there a difference in the conditions that lefties face? You bet. Some times its an advantage, sometimes its not, but there is no such thing as the "wrong" hand.

p.s. Welcome to the boards and sorry for the rant.

hehateme
10-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Welcome to the boards! Some of the best bowlers I've ever known have been southpaw!

The German Shepherd
10-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Welcome to the Boards!

Jay

bowl1820
10-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the boards!

bowl

75lockwood
10-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Welcome to the boards!

Tell me, do storm bowling balls from cheese land smell like cheese?

AngeloPD
10-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Welcome to the boards!

what were the requirements to join a college team?

striker12
10-05-2012, 12:53 PM
welcome to the boards lots of nice people here and they like to joke around a lot.

bayedup84
10-05-2012, 02:29 PM
basisud.....welcome and hope you enjoy site

kurowah
10-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Welcome, welcome! Where exactly is the Cheese Land?? :cool:

bayedup84
10-05-2012, 04:25 PM
yea where is cheeseland? Wisconsin?

billf
10-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Welcome to the forum. Are you on the A squad, B squad or C squad? What college are you bowling for?

75lockwood
10-05-2012, 08:46 PM

I'm Guessing Norway... "Land of Cheese"

Basisud
10-08-2012, 04:57 PM
The wrong hand???????????????????

In case you mean that you're a lefty, there are several lefties who post regularly. Billf and I are both able to throw with either hand. There are no real differences between throwing the ball right handed or left handed. From either side you need the same things; balance, timing, a free swing, a good release, accuracy, mental focus. Is there a difference in the conditions that lefties face? You bet. Some times its an advantage, sometimes its not, but there is no such thing as the "wrong" hand.

p.s. Welcome to the boards and sorry for the rant.

It's all good. I just say the wrong hand because I hear it a lot. I defend the case that not a whole lot is different besides the conditions.

Basisud
10-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Welcome to the boards!

Tell me, do storm bowling balls from cheese land smell like cheese?

Nope they don't despite the numerous suggestions I have sent in for one to be...

Basisud
10-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Welcome to the boards!

what were the requirements to join a college team?

The club I am in is pretty casual. We had tryouts consisting of 6 games and they chose based on overall score, consistency, spare shooting, and natural talent. To stay in the club, I have to maintain a 2.0 GPA or better and be enrolled in at least 12 credits each semester.

Basisud
10-08-2012, 05:00 PM

Cheese Land is Wisconsin.