PDA

View Full Version : No slide for me PLEASE!!

MICHAEL
10-10-2012, 08:19 PM
I did an experiment, with one left slide bowling shoe, and one tennis shoe! It only took me on slide to find out, I am NOT A SLIDER!! I just about did the splits!! I did a James Brown!! I like the sure footing of two tennis shoes!! It doesn’t seem to hurt my knees, or legs, and I will bowl sometimes 10-12 games practice! Some bowlers are just not supposed to slide, (funny being Iceman, and I don’t slide)!! lol

billf
10-10-2012, 08:22 PM
If you could find the right combination of heels and soles, a 2" slide would do you wonders. Yes, this is coming from a no-slide bowler but I am trying to find that combination that works.

Ball99999
10-10-2012, 08:35 PM
It took me a long time to learn how to slide. I consciously had to push off on the third step instead of actively trying to slide with the 4th step on my left foot.

Though these days I'm not even conscious of what I do.

MICHAEL
10-10-2012, 08:35 PM
I thought that might be a interesting experiment! Get a pair of Dexter, or whatever, and try playing around with the different degrees of slide! Maybe a Dexter Rep, would like to help a super hero out!!
I am buying my wife a global 900 3ball 4 wheel bag this Friday! So Iceman is taking care of Manic!! She needs one now, she bowls with 4 balls! She will put the extra ball on top! That’s how I do it with my global 900! I thought about a 6 bag ball carrier, but though it would just be a pain!

billf
10-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Until you get that 300, you're game needs help. It may be a good game, well above average game, but what if that little thing gets you that great game?

MICHAEL
10-10-2012, 10:32 PM
I think you might be right!! 290, 189's 298,,,,,, but no 300!! I might get a pair of shoes Bill, with the changable heels, and soles... What brand do you recommend!? I have bad feet, so comfort, even arch support would be a HUGE plus!

AZBowla
10-11-2012, 07:46 PM
You can bowl with tennis shoes on? Really? Man, that would sure save me on shoe rental - what brands do you recommend/use instead of renting shoes or buying actual bowling shoes?? I have a pair (I forget what brand) but no one else in my household does. I spend up to $10 or more renting those silly looking, bad fitting shoes for everyone. It'd be great to tell the clerk "No need, we all have our own shoes".

bowl1820
10-11-2012, 08:38 PM
You can bowl with tennis shoes on? Really? Man, that would sure save me on shoe rental - what brands do you recommend/use instead of renting shoes or buying actual bowling shoes?? I have a pair (I forget what brand) but no one else in my household does. I spend up to $10 or more renting those silly looking, bad fitting shoes for everyone. It'd be great to tell the clerk "No need, we all have our own shoes".

As long as they are "NON-Marking" soles (and clean) you can use just about any shoe. A lot of bowlers use a pair of tennis shoes dedicated just to bowling.

billf
10-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Mike, I use Dexter SST5s. I know the SST8s are out but they weren't when I bought mine. There are several companies that make a good quality shoe with interchangeable heels and soles. I have friends who use Linds, Etonic and 900 Global and all like them. Check out some of the area pro shops and try them on. No different than going to a shoe store.

RoccoRock
10-12-2012, 08:33 PM
I've been thinking about bowling in sneakers for a while. I like the control, and the predictability of sneakers. You know extacly what you are going to do every time, you are not going to slide, you are not going to slip, you are going to plant and throw. I tried planting in my bowling shoes last night, and it sucked. Then I tried sneakers for a few frames, better. I need to spend some time with it if I want to do it. I was bowling two handed, and when I watched the video I was stunned. When I was sliding, I was a mess. It looked like I was just chucking the ball down the lane, no control, and each throw looked different. When I had my sneakers on, my delivery, aside from not sliding, looked almost exacty like Belmo. Every throw looked the same, and the power was up as well. My problem is when I bowl with one hand I like the slide. Having two different deliveires is bad enough, having one in bowling shoes and one in sneakers just complicates my game further.

billf
10-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Interchangeable sole and heels will solve your slide or plant dilemna!

One Sunday morning last season during league I left a ten pin. It was the eighth frame. I looked down, saw white shoes and thought to myself, "when did I get white bowling shoes?"
You guessed it, I had been bowling in my sneakers and didn't even realize it. I changed into my bowling shoes and felt like I was sliding all over the place.