PDA

View Full Version : Something I read on another forum...

Ball99999
10-10-2012, 11:19 PM
was that with heavy oil balls, to keep the hand behind the ball for an end over end roll, and not put a lot of side rotation as to avoid skid. Is this true?

striker12
10-11-2012, 12:13 AM
not fully sure i put almost end over end on all my heavy oil balls and it hooks hard and when my brother throws it off the site and he dose not get it to hook as much as me.

Tampabaybob
10-11-2012, 07:58 AM
I don't see a difference, other than to say when you change your hand position and come straight up the back of the ball, you should get that ball into and earlier roll. Given that the ball is aggressive, yes, it could start hooking earlier. That may or may not be a desired effect that you want. If the lanes are really broken down, I sometimes will use that technique with my pearl, go-to ball. With that ball, and my normal hand position, it may slide more, but a change of target and approach position is usually needed. If I come up the back, it'll roll earlier, possibly hook more. Depends where the dry area happens to be that nite.

These are things that you need to practice. Don't always practice on fresh oil, try to break it up and practice on a burned out condition that normally would **** you off. Try to find a target/line that will work for you and at least get the ball to the pocket. Practicing on varying conditions will only help prepare you for the worst of the worst, and you never know when that will pop up.

Bob