PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go to "Demo days"?

Doghouse Reilly
10-11-2012, 05:19 PM
There will be a ebonite demo day coming up soon, thought I might try it. Do they do any other things than just try balls? like offer any special deals onballs or such .:confused::confused:

hoppy1605
10-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Headin to my first one this Sunday! I think the one im going to is giving $10 off first ball and maybe $100 off 2 balls. We'll see if that happens. I'm a Storm guy, so I prob will not buy anything, just going to bowl a few rounds.

billf
10-11-2012, 10:01 PM
I tried going to a Storm/Roto-Grip matchmaker event. That was a waste of time, gas and money. Also cost them a customer. Call the center hosting the event and make sure the time you have is correct.

SouthpawTRK
02-24-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm going to a demo day today; it's an Ebonite day. I'm interested in checking out mainly Track and Hammer bowling balls (I know they are all owned by EBI). I'll let you everyone know how things went.

SmilingBowler
02-24-2013, 02:14 PM
I had the pleasure of attending a Demo Day sponsored by EBONITE back in November. Threw about 24 different balls and that's when I decided the Innovate was exactly what I was looking for. The other balls that I liked a lot were the Columbia Violent Eruption and the Hammer Arson Pearl.

Two balls I am looking at now and would love an opportunity to try out at a demo day are the Hammer First Blood and the Roto Grip Disturbed. Both balls offer a strong backend that can clear a deck better than even my Innovate can do in heavy oil.

e-tank
02-24-2013, 02:36 PM
is there an easier way to find demo days other than going to the companies site?

75lockwood
02-24-2013, 03:09 PM
is there an easier way to find demo days other than going to the companies site?

Check pro shop websites/facebook page, i have most every proshop within reasonable distance bookmarked and that's how i find out about demos.

I was going to go to an Ebonite Demon earlier this month, but that big snow storm killed it, its been rescheduled for the end of march so i might still go.

rand
02-24-2013, 06:43 PM
they just had one near me,im not a very good bowler yet so I didnt attend.didnt want to embarass myself,lol.

barcar
02-24-2013, 06:55 PM
I strongly suggest you try any demo days, as I have had a blast at the Brunswick and Storm/Roto demos.
Great way to try the latest and greatest balls, and normally you can get a discount on any new purchases.
A lot of times they will have a pro with them, who will offer lessons, or at the least advise as you throw.

SouthpawTRK
02-24-2013, 10:07 PM
Got back from the demo day a short while ago and had a blast :)

I tried four different models; Hammer First Blood, Track 706A, Track 714C and Track 811C/T for over a two hour period. I had two lanes practically to myself.

Out of all the bowling balls that I tried; I liked the 706A the most; really clean through the heads and very angular on the back end. I was throwing it at the second arrow (I'm left handed) and it was hitting the pocket very nicely. If I was going to pick a runner up, the 714C would get the nod. I was throwing that up the first arrow and it was hitting the pocket nicely as well.

One thing that was different, but nice, was that the computer scoring was not on. Just worked the basics and did not have to worry about the score whatsoever.