PDA

View Full Version : consistent speed

edpup316
10-11-2012, 09:17 PM
I have been having a really hard time trying to keep my speed under control. Last night i was bowling well, my ball speed was around the low 19 mph and then all of the sudden launched one that read 21! I dont know what i did. It felt the same as all my other throws. And so for the next 8 frames or so i was trying to figure out why i was throwing it so fast. never really figured it out either.

So does anybody have any tips on how to trying and keep yoru speed more consistent or is it just one of those practice, practice, practice kind of things?

bowl1820
10-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Sometimes you can fix a short tune in your head, with the right tempo to help set the pace of your approach.

billf
10-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Sometimes it's the adrenaline. Usually happens when things are going real well. A sing a song when it happens to me although it's not always to myself.

edpup316
10-12-2012, 02:06 AM
Sometimes it's the adrenaline. Usually happens when things are going real well. A sing a song when it happens to me although it's not always to myself.

lol i bet you have a lovely voice billf :p thanks for the tips maybe i should bring my ipod with some songs that have similar tempos... my bowling playlist! Thanks guys.

Doghouse Reilly
10-13-2012, 08:43 AM
adrenaline that happens with me, I get excited and start shooting it harder.

MICHAEL
10-14-2012, 11:09 AM
adrenaline that happens with me, I get excited and start shooting it harder.

What's adrenaline???? I am 64 years young!! lol

jimlc2001
10-14-2012, 12:06 PM
Were both shots for strikes? Man times my spare ball speed is 1-2mph faster because it's plastic. Also, did you change lines? Going from a deep hook line to a stroker like will add a mph. And then sometimes you have a machine error.