PDA

View Full Version : My grandson's first strike

billf
10-13-2012, 07:43 PM
First time bowling today. I talked my step-daughter into letting him do the Batman bumper league. Originally she said no because she didn't want her kids getting treated different than each other. His sister doesn't like to bowl more than three frames. I asked if that meant when she wanted to take ballet if he had to take that also. She looked at me and said he could bowl! lol

http://youtu.be/vSnpXJEMXDc

Davec13
10-13-2012, 07:55 PM
That's awesome, It's even better that you were able to get that first strike on camera.

We took our nieces and nephew bowling a few times this summer and the youngest one (who's 5) got a strike on her first ball and did the best celebration dance ever. I wish I would have been able to capture that like you did.

eugene02
10-13-2012, 08:40 PM
haha.. see the way the ball goes from right to left than left to right than finally back into the 1-3 pocket!

billf
10-13-2012, 09:18 PM
I was coaching so it was the only time I had the camera on. Nothing but pure luck with the timing.
He looked at me like I was crazy when I made him use the correct fingers. Now to actually ROLL the ball lol

MICHAEL
10-14-2012, 09:58 AM
That was GREAT BILL!!! I have two twins that are 4,,,, two boys,,, can't wait till I can take them to the lanes!! They have been with their Dad,,, they used those ramps to roll the ball down! That was cool how excited he was!!! LOL LOL thanks for posting that clip!!

bowl1820
10-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Yep that was pretty good!

Mike White
10-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Little guy sure can cross the boards.

billf
10-27-2012, 10:10 PM
We worked today after his 'league' on a 1 step approach. I also invited a 9 year old girl to join us. She is too old for the bumper league in my opinion but lacks the training to move up. They both were able to at least get the ball down the lane without hitting the bumpers when we were done. They bowled a game each and the alley didn't charge me a dime ;)

Brother_jd
10-27-2012, 10:27 PM
right in the 1-3!

AngeloPD
10-29-2012, 01:35 AM
hes going to bowl like Bill when he grows up!

75lockwood
10-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Look at that movement! geeze even with the most powerful equipment i dont have a hope of crossing that many boards, let alone getting a strike!

Congrats little man!

billf
10-29-2012, 11:30 PM
We are working on more north to south movement but he seems to prefer east to west at this point.

75lockwood
10-29-2012, 11:40 PM
east to west is fun, if i go bowling with my cousin (7 we us the bumpers and i see how many times i can bounce before the end of the lane

AZBowla
10-29-2012, 11:46 PM
My little stepson is quite the bowler already, WHEN he decides to throw it the right way. He's got a bit of a hook going already, even with the plastic house balls, plus his post-throw celebrations are some of the best ever. If he hits some pins, you would think he had just bowled a 300, and if he misses them he acts as though he just missed a 300 by one strike. ;) And his form/followthru is classic, he gets so low he almost lays down on the approach. I'll have to get it on camera and show you guys, it's so funny and cute.

AngeloPD
10-30-2012, 01:55 AM
My little stepson is quite the bowler already, WHEN he decides to throw it the right way. He's got a bit of a hook going already, even with the plastic house balls, plus his post-throw celebrations are some of the best ever. If he hits some pins, you would think he had just bowled a 300, and if he misses them he acts as though he just missed a 300 by one strike. ;) And his form/followthru is classic, he gets so low he almost lays down on the approach. I'll have to get it on camera and show you guys, it's so funny and cute.

can't wait to see the video!

Davec13
11-02-2012, 06:10 PM

Come on now where is the video? It is great watching kids bowl the littlest things get them so happy. I had a blast at my nieces bowling bday party and most of the enjoyment came out of just watching them jumping around after they knocked down a pin.

AZBowla
11-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Come on now where is the video? It is great watching kids bowl the littlest things get them so happy. I had a blast at my nieces bowling bday party and most of the enjoyment came out of just watching them jumping around after they knocked down a pin.

We'll try to get one this weekend. We tried last weekend but he missed his shot and of course blamed it on the fact that his mom was trying to film him bowling. I'll try to get one of him without him knowing I'm doing it so you get the full effect, lol...

billf
11-02-2012, 09:00 PM
I can't wait to see it. Everyone, get your younger family members bowling vids on here!

AZBowla
11-04-2012, 08:01 PM
OK, here we go, enjoy everyone!

http://youtu.be/IiZ7g7hY0Hg

billf
11-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Gavin sure gets low enough lol

75lockwood
11-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Great video! he seem's to celebrate way more without the strike lol, i bet he's happy that he gets another shot :cool:

AZBowla's Girl
11-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Gavin, my little Love Bug, is quite the bowler. He has such a way of celebrating. LOL AZBowla keeps saying that Pete Weber and Jason Bellmonte better watch out that Gavin is going to be the next Pro!

75lockwood
11-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Gavin, my little Love Bug, is quite the bowler. He has such a way of celebrating. LOL AZBowla keeps saying that Pete Weber and Jason Bellmonte better watch out that Gavin is going to be the next Pro!

Belmo has nothing on gavin! he has way more ball moment than belmo ever will!

MisterSinister
11-04-2012, 11:38 PM
My grandson's first strike

Now that, well that's what's important right there. Family, sharing things you love to do with the people you love. Things like that, helps you ignore the things that bother you.

noeymc
11-05-2012, 01:30 AM
thats awesome he hit the pocket better then me :(:(:(