PDA

View Full Version : Left Leg Hurting

JackB03
10-17-2012, 11:32 PM
I'm a right handed bowler. After a few games, my front left thigh really starts to bother me. I'm sure it's my technique. I have no video, sorry.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Jack

TheSheibs
10-17-2012, 11:49 PM
stretching might help. Without knowing anything else that is all I can suggest.

Zothen
10-18-2012, 03:16 AM
If you are bending at the knees and have not done this before or it's been awhile,then your thigh muscle & hamstring will be sore til it gets used to it.

Zothen

GoodGorilla
10-18-2012, 07:56 AM
My high hurts after playing many games in a few day span. I lost some weight and that has helped alot.

The German Shepherd
10-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Is this muscle pain? Or is it the pain of a nerve getting pinched?

Jay

Tampabaybob
10-18-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm a right handed bowler. After a few games, my front left thigh really starts to bother me. I'm sure it's my technique. I have no video, sorry.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Jack

Jack.....A couple of years ago I had something like that happen to me. About the third frame of the first game it started hurting. I started rubbing it between frames, and by the end of the first game I was swallowing tylenol. At the end of the night I was in so much pain, I could barley get into the car. That was a Thursday night and by Saturday I was in the doctors office. They looked at it and said I had pulled a muscle/tendon and pointed out to me that the underside of my left leg (which I hadn't seen) was all black and blue ! Took one week off took and a prescription they gave me, and it hasn't bothered me since. Thank, God, because it was painful.

If there's any black and blue on your thigh or the back of your leg, go see your doctor. I still to this day don't know what the heck I did to cause it but I'm sure a lot more careful. In over 50 years of bowling I never had that happen before. Good luck with it.

Bob

J Anderson
10-18-2012, 10:12 AM
My guess is that your quads aren't used to doing that much work. You could try doing knee bends every other day, maybe holding a bowling ball or two for some extra weight. Make sure you don't bend past 90 degrees, especially at first. You should probably do some leg curls as well for the hamstrings. And of course you'll need to do some stretching after all this strengthening.

You might also be helped by having more slide. It seem to me that when I stick at the line it puts more strain on the front of my thigh.

GeoLes
10-19-2012, 03:24 PM
You are telling my story. I am an stiff-old guy and stretch is essential for me. Also as I wait to roll, before stepping onto the approach, I massage my thigh with the ball as I wait. As for final stance check, when I practice, I relase the ball and immediately take inventory of my finish. Place my hands on my shoulders and immediately pass them down to my hips and ask: Hips and shoulders aligned and square with target line? balanced, relaxed lunge? Am I projecting my weight down, into the mark, or rising on the release?

Don't be afraid of Tiger Balm, Biofreeze, what have you as well.

In the evenuality that something else is going on, see a doctor just in case.

billf
10-19-2012, 09:25 PM
If you think it's technique, then get a coach for at least one lesson. Without video it's hard to say.