PDA

View Full Version : What lefty bowlers like me should be careful with when getting a new ball

Hammer
10-19-2012, 07:25 PM
I just had my ball box cleaned and a thumb slug installed because my thumb size got smaller from weight loss. When the pro shop checked the pitch of my original thumb drilling my pitch was set up for a right handed bowler. YIKES! So the slug was installed and pitched for a lefty and I tossed the ball to the shop employee to see how the thumb would exit the ball. It hung up a couple times and was made a little bigger. Before the fit was right I would roll
the ball on a rug to the shop pro and the thumb hole made a popping noise from the suction created like Mark Roth would do when bowling on TV. Finally it got to the point I needed. So you lefty guys have to keep reminding the pro shop that you are a lefty so you don't get a right hander thumb hole pitch. A pro shop almost put in my finger grips wrong until I said don't forget, I am a lefty. See what us lefty folks have to go through when getting fitted for a bowling ball.

eugene02
10-19-2012, 08:00 PM
in Singapore, they seldom do it wrong because when u tell them which hand your using to bowl, they will note it down on a note with your handspans all.. making it easier to remember! :)

striker12
10-19-2012, 09:38 PM
at the proshop that i help out at and go too to get anything i want he once when he was marking my pap he first thought i was a lefty and when i told him i was a righty he likes hole crap my brains not working today he did that thought i was a lefty was because all lefty's have came in that day i was the first righty, that was the only time he messed something up luckly it was not a drilling.

Siddy
10-24-2012, 01:46 PM
the guy that did my ball had to keep stop what he was doing and remind himself that it for left hand and make the adjustments. He does not get many left handers that often so keeps with routine.

AZBowla
10-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Oh yikes now I'm nervous... I'm getting my new ball drilled this Thursday.

75lockwood
10-24-2012, 02:22 PM
hopefully this is a rare case by an unintelligent driller

Hammer
10-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Oh yikes now I'm nervous... I'm getting my new ball drilled this Thursday.

Stick post-it notes on your ball saying I'm a lefty before you give it to him. Evidently you are one of the members of the lefty club of America as am I. Welcome!

tazmike
10-24-2012, 09:00 PM
the proshop guy at lightening strikes in orlando at colonial lanes has never had a problem setting my balls lefty style. he is very knowledgable and also a silver level coach. he keeps all your drilling info on his computer and can also make adjustments if your throwing style has changed just by watching you bowl 3 or 4 frames.

billf
10-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Our local guy is left-handed and has made the same mistake when I've been there visiting him. I've said before, I like him just not his drilling lol. Anyway, he re-drilled the ones I saw and the customer never knew any different. He plugs the thumbs and them sells them at a discount.