PDA

View Full Version : MOTIV Venom Strike

MOTIVmags
10-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Venom Strike – Layout 4 ½ X 4

MOTIV’s current goal is to release bowling balls that will be able to provide bowlers with an arsenal of equipment to combat all conditions.

Description: The Venom Strike is going to be an addition to the lower mid-price range, but with much higher expectations. The coverstock on the Venom Strike is a modified version from the popular Sigma Tour and has been renamed the Atomix Arc Solid Reactive. This shell is known being dependable and versatile. For the core, MOTIV brought back the highly requested Gear Core from the GT1. The Gear Core provides easy revs and a low flare potential for down lane control.
Reaction: In my opinion the Venom Strike is stronger than advertised, but only up front and in the mid-lane, it is still very tame and smooth when going into the roll phase. For me, this filled in a gap where a lot of high performance and similar lower RG equipment have more backend and higher flare potential. At the box finish (3000 grit sanded) I found that it allowed me to square up or play more down and in on a 41’ house shot. After adding polish it did give me more motion in the backend but also forced me to just move my feet a few boards right. I was happy to see the polish didn’t force me to play more left to right or make the break point uncontrollable. I can see this ball being a stud on conditions where you see a more wet/dry condition as it will blend the pattern very well!

Comparisons: When a ball such as the Sigma Hybrid is too early, but you don’t want to get away from the smooth and predictable backend motion the Venom Strike is a winner. This is an ideal ball for those who struggle in transition and feel that whenever they ball down they lose the pocket because of too much downlane hook. I found that when a ball such as the Thrash is too long and isn’t starting up soon enough the Venom Strike was a great matchup. Although the Thrash provided more backend motion, the overall hook potential went to the Venom Strike. The Venom Strike provides a strong arcing motion that is ideal for control on tougher conditions, even more so than the Thrash. Depending on the surface you choose, the Venom Strike could fit into many different areas of your arsenal.

Summary: The Venom Strike is a ball that for the price a lot of people should invest. I believe depending on the layout and surface bowlers will be able to use this on everything but the heaviest or driest conditions. For those who haven’t yet tried a MOTIV piece this is a great one to try. It will provide a moderate hook potential and a lot of control down the lane!

YouTube Video:
http://youtu.be/4NU-EuuncqE

MOTIV Staff Member - Mike Magolan