PDA

View Full Version : Wrist supports

ILike2Bowl
10-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Bought one after my league, when I put it and threw, it almost went out of the gutter to the right... Ha ha ha, after a few games I got used to it and could finally hit my mark! And I broke my habit of looking at the pins and not the arrows. I got my first 4 bagger today! And bowled my high of 150 (I've only been in the sport for 2 weeks) well anyways, I highly recommend the gizmo for anybody that cannot seem to keep there wrist in one place. However, when I use it, i have it on barely any angle... Should I change it? Or is it a preference thing.

billf
10-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Try all the settings during a practice session and watch how it affects your ball. Then you will know what to do to change your ball reaction as needed during league. It's preference but until you try them all, how do you know your true preference?

Zothen
10-21-2012, 12:57 PM
It's preferance! I have a Storm Scorpion brace and I have it set to 30(cupped)and 1 bar to the left(Slightly angling my wrist left).

Zothen

bowl1820
10-21-2012, 06:00 PM
One thing if you wear a brace and you get your grip checked. You should wear it when they check the grip or get measured for a new grip. They affect the span length.

ILike2Bowl
10-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Thank you for saying that!!!! That has to be the problem for my thumb problem in my other post. I'll wear it when I get checked. Thanks again!

ILike2Bowl
10-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Alright, i called them and they told me that they would bevel if for me and that should fix it. I'll see how that goes