PDA

View Full Version : A personal best for me....

AZBowla
10-21-2012, 12:30 AM
No not the score, that was a rather disappointing 158 - I know I can do better than that. However I'm posting to report that my nemesis (because I'm a lefty), the nasty, stubborn, wiggles and laughs at me in a mocking manner 7 pin fell in sheer defeat every time it dared stand up to my strike ball today. :) I only guttered once when aiming for that little bugger, and even then the ball hopped back out of the gutter at the last second and took it out. HA! Take that, 7 pin!

billf
10-21-2012, 12:32 AM
ha ha...congrats on teaching that 7 pin a lesson

dutchlefty
10-21-2012, 09:32 AM
I think i leave as much single 7-pins as tens when it happens..Hmmm, never wrote down statistics on that..(on the 'to do' list now)
But i do know that i do not like to throw at the 7-pin.. Still i'm not comfortable with that one. That's why i always practice at 7s and 10s. But it is also a combination of knowing that i can hit it, and knowing how important it is to knock down these, that i fail..have to learn to cope with that feeling untill i trust my own capabilities..Good for you that you build your confidence today. :)

J Anderson
10-21-2012, 05:47 PM
I think i leave as much single 7-pins as tens when it happens..Hmmm, never wrote down statistics on that..(on the 'to do' list now)
But i do know that i do not like to throw at the 7-pin.. Still i'm not comfortable with that one. That's why i always practice at 7s and 10s. But it is also a combination of knowing that i can hit it, and knowing how important it is to knock down these, that i fail..have to learn to cope with that feeling untill i trust my own capabilities..Good for you that you build your confidence today. :)

On corner pins I've been known to say to myself "Don't Think!"

75lockwood
10-21-2012, 10:33 PM
and even then the ball hopped back out of the gutter at the last second and took it out. HA! Take that, 7 pin!

Ha, i see this far to often, i was in a tournament last year and i swear we had to stop 10 or so times so the score could be corrected when the ball bounced out of the gutter and took out a 7 or 10 pin

TheSheibs
10-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Where do you stand and aim when going for the 7 and 10 pins?

AZBowla
10-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Where do you stand and aim when going for the 7 and 10 pins?

For me (being a lefty) I stand as far right as I can and throw straight at it when I shoot the 7, for tens I stand at the leftmost dot on the floor and hook it to the 10. For a right hander I assume the opposite would true.

JTesta1966
04-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Heh, few months ago...10 pins were my problem. Left I believe 27, picked up 26. No adjustment would take em out. Frustration was taken over with laughter as it became actually comical!