PDA

View Full Version : Form Update!

rab91787
10-21-2012, 03:08 PM
I tried a million different things to get a decent hook going with my thumb in the ball but failed miserably. I was really trying today to figure something new out because I had a realllly bad week at leagues last week with my ball going through the nose leaving a lot of splits and low scores. After a few games with thumb in the ball and only averaging around 170, I decided to try some more thumbless and see if I could do any better. My main issues thumbless are the ball overhooking and leaving unmakable spares and wrist strain giving me pains.

After about a game or so thumbless I started getting the usual wrist and nerve pain from supporting the ball on my palm the entire swing. I experimented around and figured out that if I cupped the ball against my forearm, it took a lot of the strain off of my wrist AND allowed me to get a full back swing! This solved both of my problems; I was able to finally put enough speed on the ball to prevent overhooking (was throwing around 15mph old way and was averaging 17 with new backswing way) and had zero pain in my wrist! It took me 8 games to figure this out, however, so I only got two games of practice before the 3 hour time was up. I did have my friend record a clip, though, and will report if I have better success!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLsaPLXr7SE

It was a dream come true finally being able to not have my ball overhook through the nose the last two games. The only time my ball went left was when I missed left, not from too many revs at only 15 mph.