PDA

View Full Version : What to buy next??? Any Help would be great!

wdc1987
10-22-2012, 07:45 PM
I am looking to buy a new ball and so far I am Looking at getting the Hammer Nail or the Roto grip Shout. I am needing either one for dryer lane conditions. Last week i was for sure getting the shout and yesterday i started to lean more towards the nail again. Everytime I buy a ball I ask for opinions and then make my final decision. i have looked up the specs and have talked to a few people about both balls. but hopefully someone on here owns one of the two and can let me know their thoughts.

Davec13
10-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Sorry don't have either of those balls. My light oil ball is a DV8 marauder drilled pin up it stays long on the driest of lanes.

Zothen
10-22-2012, 08:37 PM
I own the Shout and it is a nice ball for dry lanes!

Zothen

AngeloPD
10-22-2012, 09:00 PM
DV8 misfit or marauder! :)

billf
10-22-2012, 10:11 PM
What led you to those two balls? Maybe understanding your reasoning will help with the thought process.

Cochese
10-22-2012, 10:24 PM
I am in the same boat looking for a ball for dry lanes. With all the love DV8 gets around here, I think the Marauder is going to be my next purchase.

Davec13
10-22-2012, 10:33 PM
I am in the same boat looking for a ball for dry lanes. With all the love DV8 gets around here, I think the Marauder is going to be my next purchase.

There is a reason for all the love. They make great balls and stand behind their product unlike other companies. I don't think anyone I have recommended a DV8 to has regretted the purchase. Typically they buy more than one after falling in love with the first one ;)

Cochese
10-22-2012, 10:41 PM
There is a reason for all the love. They make great balls and stand behind their product unlike other companies. I don't think anyone I have recommended a DV8 to has regretted the purchase. Typically they buy more than one after falling in love with the first one ;)

My only debate so far is which one to get. I am just getting back into bowling and I bought a Storm Frantic. It's a good ball, but it seems "frantic" in how it acts on the lane too. Pretty sure my arm has more to do with it than the ball though ;)

Davec13
10-23-2012, 06:31 PM
My only debate so far is which one to get. I am just getting back into bowling and I bought a Storm Frantic. It's a good ball, but it seems "frantic" in how it acts on the lane too. Pretty sure my arm has more to do with it than the ball though ;)
This is where the compare feature on bowlingball.com comes in handy. You can put in the frantic and then add the DV8 balls and see a nice side by side comparison. The Marauder is a good choice though as it matches up pretty close to the frantic (minus the smell).

Stormed1
10-29-2012, 04:02 AM
First you need to descibe what you consider "dry". The Marauder is designed for more medium conditions. For a "drier" lane ball from DV8 i would recomend the Misfit. The Ascent pearl from Motiv is a good drier lane ball along with Storms Tropical Breeze and the Roto Grip Scream or Shout. In Hammer i would look at the blue Urethane Vibe

75lockwood
10-29-2012, 11:47 AM
If your talking bone dry lanes then a urethane ball is probably the way to go, but if you want a little more flexibility a a ball like the marauder might be the way to go

wdc1987
10-30-2012, 03:14 PM
i ended up buying the Hammer nail. It has the length i needed for when the lanes do start to break down.