PDA

View Full Version : AMF Pins over average National Tournament

MICHAEL
10-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Just wondering if many of you on this Wonderful Web site, that gives balls to many undeserving bowlers, and some,,,,,, but not many TWO BALLS,,,,,,, present company excluded! I have only one Plastic ball, and can you imagine how it must be when my wife looks at me!! Very few women find a man with one plastic ball appealing!

Getting back to my question, The Dude, and Iceman are in the AMF 7,000,000 tournament! Just wondering how many of you we will be seeing in Vegas for the finals??

I made it to the Semifinals last year, then had a bad accident Just prior to that day, burned my right hand with a deep fryer, and cut my right thumb with a knife while cutting some onions,,, and yes it made Iceman CRY!! (cut, onions, cry, never mind)…. Lol

HOW MANY OF YOU Will BE there?

MisterSinister
10-23-2012, 01:17 PM
I soooooo would do that, but my league isn't in a AMF center. next year I'll push my teammates into an AMF center.

Zothen
10-23-2012, 01:46 PM
@Michael-Tell your wife a man with 1 ball is better then a man with no balls!

I only give my bowling balls to those I feel are worthy of it.

As much as I want to be their,I will not be as i'm still working on my game!

Zothen

Davec13
10-23-2012, 06:11 PM
I would love to go to one of those big vegas tourneys, but alas I will not be there.

For future reference. When it comes to hot oil, if you wipe it of real quick and then dump some soy sauce on it you'll be fine. I know it may sound strange, but I work in a kitchen 10+ hours a day 6 days a week and I have seen it all. We had a rocket scientist that dropped a pair of tongs in the fryer and just reached her hand right in to get them out. A quick wipe and soy sauce and not even a blister. Her hand was red for the rest of the day but that was it.

For cutting yourself, keep your knives sharp. The sharper the knife the less chance of getting cut. When they are dull you use more force and can make whatever you are cutting slide pulling your fingers under the blade.

MICHAEL
10-23-2012, 11:26 PM
thanks for all the great advice!!! LOL,,, I love this site!!!! Iceman

JaMau24
10-23-2012, 11:42 PM
I have an issue with this tournament already... Last year when I came back to bowling, I joined leagues that were half way done, but still bowled more than enough games to establish a book average for the 2011-2012 season. The three leagues I bowled in, I averaged 207, 206, and 199 in all of them. So the average I have to use for this pins over average tournament is 207. So I'll be competing to see how many pins I can go over the 621 series (207 x3).

NOW, due to a lot of practice and hard work, I'm a MUCH better bowler than I was then. I'm currently averaging 231, 230, and 222 in my three leagues. So obviously, I'm thinking I've got a great chance to do well in this tournament since I frequently bowl mid-to-high 700's. That would be WELL over 100 pins over my average based off the 207. I'm thinking, I'd have a shot to win this thing.

I told my alley manager tonight how excited I am, and he told me that if you go to district finals or national finals, they can re-rate your average if it's much higher than last year. Let me say that I think (in my case, and maybe others as well) that is ABSOLUTE BS! I understand that the rule is in place for people that sandbag in hopes of setting a low average, but I practiced and worked my butt off this summer to be where I am at now. Why should I get PENALIZED for improving my game!? I've never sandbagged and never will sandbag.

Now, say someone had a 225 average in 2010-2011 season, then had a 207 average in the 2011-2012 season, then now has a 230 average, then YES, obviously that guy is cheating the system in should be re-rated. But I think it is absolutely wrong to re-rate someone who hadn't even had an average established the 5 previous years (prior to last year), when all he did was improve his game by practicing and hard work.

Anyway, that's my rant. If I get re-rated, I'll probably be raising a little hell, and not the DV8 way.

MICHAEL
10-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Hey dude, it doesn’t cost that much for , ( what is it 8 tries, $20 something dollars)? After that its all free moving on to the next levels! So what have you got to lose? You just might do it! And if you do the trip to Vegas is free, including your meals, and food! I might see you there,,,,, Iceman!
I don’t think they would reevaluate you! I would stand up for you in that regards! No one but your mom and dad know you better then Iceman! You have worked hard just since last May actually, and have improved 1000 percent! I would put you up against anyone, on any given day! Exception being maybe Iceman…. LOL!!

MICHAEL
10-24-2012, 09:26 AM
I think they put that rule in for the lower bowlers, that some how wind up being 200 plus bowlers in the finals..... I don't think it will apply to you at all!!
Their are four levels, as I remember, and for 50,000, or what ever it is this year for first, you can imagine some good bowlers laying low, a few years, just to get in at the, (say 165 average) then bowling 2000 pins over average) lol
Look on line at the progression from last year! It has all scores! You could do it!!

Davec13
10-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Every tournament I have bowled they used last years book average, unless this years average was 10 pins higher. If it was 10 or more pins higher you had to use the current average. It does suck for you, but it kind of keeps everything sorta fair.

JaMau24
10-24-2012, 11:22 PM
Every tournament I have bowled they used last years book average, unless this years average was 10 pins higher. If it was 10 or more pins higher you had to use the current average. It does suck for you, but it kind of keeps everything sorta fair.

Fair? Anyone could have put in hard work and practice to be the best they can be. It's unfair to penalize someone who did it the fair way. Like I say, I understand why the rule is in place, it's to stop the sand baggers. If there is no evidence of sandbagging, then it shouldn't be re-rated. As I mentioned before, if someone averaged 230 in 2010-2011, then 205 for 2011-2012, and now back to 230 this season, then obviously that person sand bagged that year. It's pretty easy to tell by looking at peoples book average to see if they are sandbagging.

J Anderson
10-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Fair? Anyone could have put in hard work and practice to be the best they can be. It's unfair to penalize someone who did it the fair way. Like I say, I understand why the rule is in place, it's to stop the sand baggers. If there is no evidence of sandbagging, then it shouldn't be re-rated. As I mentioned before, if someone averaged 230 in 2010-2011, then 205 for 2011-2012, and now back to 230 this season, then obviously that person sand bagged that year. It's pretty easy to tell by looking at peoples book average to see if they are sandbagging.

It is possible that some one's average could drop significantly due to an injury that causes them to alter their technique or some mental stress that keeps them from focusing well. I would think that a true sandbagger would not let his average drop for one season and then go back up. They might for one season bowl to the best of their ability for some bragging rights or whatever, but then will keep it down until a tournament of league playoffs.

JaMau24
10-25-2012, 04:30 PM
It is possible that some one's average could drop significantly due to an injury that causes them to alter their technique or some mental stress that keeps them from focusing well. I would think that a true sandbagger would not let his average drop for one season and then go back up. They might for one season bowl to the best of their ability for some bragging rights or whatever, but then will keep it down until a tournament of league playoffs.

Yeah, I was thinking of that as I was typing... That would sort of be a grey area. If it were me, I wouldn't see how there would be anyway to prove an injury or technique change, and if they had shown the ability prior to the 2011-2012 season to average 220's-230's and they are again averaging that this year, then I think they would have to be re-rated.

For someone who's never shown or had the ability to bowl that well (avg 220-230), and now they can, I don't think they should be re-rated. I'm surely not the only one who's vastly improved their game over a years time, and they shouldn't be re-rated either.