PDA

View Full Version : Is it necessary to consider RG and differential of a new bowling ball?

Hammer
10-24-2012, 05:27 PM
When buying a new bowling ball they have different elements that make them up. Is the RG and differential of a bowling ball something to think about
or is it something that is part of a ball but a part you don't have to worry about? Is it something maybe pros consider when they get a new ball? Maybe a
guy working in a pro shop would say you don't have to worry about it if you are just a league bowler and not a pro bowling for a living. Can anyone here shed some light on this? Just curious.

Davec13
10-24-2012, 05:30 PM
This should help you out.
http://www.bowlingball.com/BowlVersity/bowling-ball-differential-of-rg

Hammer
10-24-2012, 06:35 PM
I think I get it now. It depends on how you want the ball to hook on different lane conditions. Can you take a ball and make the ball do different things by putting 4 different layouts on the same ball? So I guess a pro shop can decide what layout to use for you by watching you bowl first and determining what layout would work better for you.

billf
10-24-2012, 07:54 PM
The layout can and will change the values. Most balls made now are fairly close to each other as far as RG and Diff values anyhow. More important than these values in an undrilled ball are these values, plus intermediate diff of a drilled ball. Discuss all this with your driller when selecting your ball. Most will give you multiple suggestions on what would work for you in their opinion.