PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Shot - Part Deux and what's for breakfast???

The German Shepherd
10-25-2012, 08:21 AM
We bowled against the first place team in my Wednesday AM Seniors' League. This team had lost a mere 4 points so far this season, so I came pretty amped up. My team was in 3rd place and I really wanted to put a dent in their huge lead. I started off well in game 1 - every ball was in the pocket and I had one open (I whiffed on a 10 pin), ending up with a 246. We took that game by 40+ pins. Game 2 was a 214 - the Defiant I threw in game 1 was starting to have difficulty getting to the pocket and I left a couple of dinner buckets and 10 pins (I also left a Greek church split which proved to be my only open in the game). Game three my sugar level crashed and by the time I got things right, it was too late and I finished with a 168. We took three points but I left the alleys promising myself to eat before bowling next week...:/

This leads me to a question, do any of you have a favorite meal before you hit the lanes?? Mine used to be fish sticks and fries, but you can't do that for breakfast, can you???

Jay

J Anderson
10-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Why not? My mother-in-law used to like to have left over pizza for breakfast.

panbanger
10-25-2012, 11:03 AM
In the olden days I would get the grilled cheese sandwich that the bowling alley served. Real butter on the bread and deli style American cheese. Now it seems like bowling alleys use some weird "processed cheese food" and something that may not even fall under the "dairy" section of the food pyramid.

Zothen
10-25-2012, 01:48 PM
A balanced breakfast of eggs,english muffin & coffee should do the trick!

Zothen

75lockwood
10-25-2012, 06:36 PM
for my Saturday morning i tend you eat some delicious toast (mom's homemade jam) then stop for a nice coffee before getting to the ally

AZBowla
10-25-2012, 07:21 PM
A balanced breakfast of eggs,english muffin & coffee should do the trick!

Zothen

And if not then an unbalanced breakfast of a Marlboro and a Monster Energy drink should get you chucking that ball thru the back of the alley. At least until the ambulance arrives...

billf
10-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Jay, I see no reason you can't have fish sticks and fries for breakfast and then have cereal, pancakes or eggs for dinner.
My favorite bowling alley food is the pop corn chicken. The absolutely best cheeseburger I've EVER had was at a different bowling alley. They changed owners and with that, the sub-contract on the kitchen.