PDA

View Full Version : Best dry lane ball

Shoope1
10-26-2012, 12:37 AM
What would be my best choice for a good dry lane ball for a dry christmas tree oil pattern. I just bought a 15lb Hammer grape Vibe and its a great ball. But I need less break. I wanna play down the boards instead of across the boards. I do put alot of turn on the ball so help needed. I have been away from bowling for at least 8-10 years so I am not new to bowling just new to the new balls out these days.

Would the blue urethane bowling ball by hammer be a good choice?

Sorry for such a general question and or a newbie one.
any help would be appreciated.

Zothen
10-26-2012, 02:34 AM
If it is dry-super dry then you have a choice of Columbia,AMF,Hammer or Karma urethane or I have a Roto Grip Shout that I had drilled to be like a plastic ball on steroids. It works pretty well on dry(no oil)lanes. You can even go with the Slingshot the least hooking of all reactive resin balls.

Zothen

GoodGorilla
10-26-2012, 07:49 AM
I have a storm Ice spare ball. It destroys on dry lanes, it works great on oily lanes too if the right side is dry like a house shot. I just find it boring, but I get great scores throwing the small hook inside the 10.

Hammer
10-26-2012, 01:52 PM
I had the blue urethane hammer ball at one time that I used on our dry lanes or medium dry and it was a great ball. It is hard for me to believe now but I use to play it either over the first arrow or the second arrow straight down the boards and it had a nice controlled hook and hit hard. When I would get a strike the pins flew like I hit them with a hand grenade. So I used it for strikes or spares. My teammates couldn't believe that I could play that close to the gutter with it on my first ball. I was used to it so it never bothered me. I don't play like that anymore because I have a reactive resin ball now called the Raw Hammer Anger. I was thinking about getting another urethane blue Hammer but this time 14lbs because of hand and wrist issues. It is a great ball with good control.

billf
10-26-2012, 07:54 PM
I use the Storm Natural Pearl. It's urethane. I also have a Storm Ice plastic spare ball. Both can hook into the pocket when dry but the Natural is amazing and very controllable. I haven't had a chance to use any of the other urethane balls mentioned so I have no comparison. I also have a urethane Scout. That ball sucked new and still sucks today lol

MisterSinister
10-26-2012, 09:15 PM
I've been thinking of getting a Storm Natural. I think it would work well with my high rev rate. I don't like playing too deep inside, so the Natural may be easier to use.

billf
10-26-2012, 09:53 PM
I love the Natural Pearl when playing the 2 or 3 board. With revs it really hooks hard to the pocket.