PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of trying a new grip

MisterSinister
10-26-2012, 08:08 PM
So I've been thinking about trying a pinky hole. I don't use my thumb, and I am doing well with it. Like everyone else, I want to do better. I've heard about people using a pinky hole, buy with their thumb in also. I was thinking of giving it a try, without my thumb. I think it will give me more control, and accuracy. Technically, I wouldn't be a two finger bowler anymore.

billf
10-26-2012, 10:15 PM
Those that use the extra holes do so due to inability to hold the ball correctly. Rev rate goes way down just so you know. Good luck and I understand your reasoning for trying it. Who knows, maybe it will work well for you.

Zothen
10-26-2012, 10:19 PM
I thought about 5 finger bowling here! I keep thinking off the wicked hook I could get.

Zothen

harroo
10-27-2012, 05:20 AM
Mike Fagan uses the Sarge Easter grip, Many people think he did it to reduce rev's how ever he did it because he was having trouble with his ring finger. If he hadn't he says that he wouldn't of been able to continue bowling.

The Sarge Easter grip will reduce revs initially but once you are used to it your rev rate will return to normal. I think this will probable be the same for most grip changes once you get comfortable you rev rate will go back to usual.

MisterSinister
10-27-2012, 08:15 AM
I may take an old ball and try it. A reduction in rev rate would probably help me, I don't like playing deep inside. Without my thumb in the ball my rev rate is high, forcing me inside where I don't really want to be. Could help a lot with spares as well. I like the line about those using extra hole do it cause they don't hold the ball correctly, that describes me! I don't use a thumb, and that's not "correct" lol