PDA

View Full Version : First night of league

floridanative772
10-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Started last night at my local center on the mixed leauge. I was a little nervous not being on a leauge since I was a youth but it turned out really fun. We were late starting into the season so we set our average last night. I was having trouble finding my line a bit but did ok despite my nerves, shot 180 174 169. Last game started out good but the lanes were really drying out and I left a few opens. It feels good to be back bowling with nice people and really enjoying the sport again.

Zothen
10-27-2012, 01:52 PM
I find that taking a deep breath in/out while lining up my shot and a deep breath in as I push the ball out and then exhale as I release the ball. I am more relaxed when I bowl.

Good luck & good scoring!

Zothen

billf
10-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Glad to hear you had a good time. Very respectable scores. Congrats!

MisterSinister
10-28-2012, 12:07 PM
It's always fun, and exciting to start a new league. Good luck, and most important, have fun!

floridanative772
10-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the help guys. This is the alley I first bowled at when I was 4 and pretty much grew up there. It is a small 12 lane center and doesn't even have any video games or anything in it...strictly a bowling center which is all I care about. The woman that runs the front counter has been there since I was there at 4 bowling with my mom. It brings back memories and kinds feels like home to me lol . Cant wait for next Friday.

MisterSinister
10-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the help guys. This is the alley I first bowled at when I was 4 and pretty much grew up there. It is a small 12 lane center and doesn't even have any video games or anything in it...strictly a bowling center which is all I care about. The woman that runs the front counter has been there since I was there at 4 bowling with my mom. It brings back memories and kinds feels like home to me lol . Cant wait for next Friday.

Nice, the bowling alley in the town I grew up in is still being run by the same husband and wife. I went there a year ago when I was in town. Heck, even the guy who runs the pin setters is the same guy.

AngeloPD
10-29-2012, 01:27 AM
Great scores! glad you had fun!

Davec13
10-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Nostalgia is always a great thing. I try and go back to the lanes I grew up at once a year or so. The one thing I miss is they got rid of the star wars and tron arcade game. The 20ft shuffle board table is still there though.

75lockwood
10-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Great scores, glad to hear you had a great time, its always nice to have great people to bowl with, makes everything a lot more enjoyable.