PDA

View Full Version : cant string them together

noeymc
10-29-2012, 02:05 AM
not sure why this happens but everytime i get 2-3 strikes in a row i miss the 10 pin then i can strike again i never had this problem till about a month ago any advice

Zothen
10-29-2012, 02:40 AM
Might be getting an adrealine rush? Just try taking a deep breath in/out when your about to shoot for your 4th and see if that helps.

Zothen

75lockwood
10-29-2012, 11:55 AM
The Mental Game!

Call it nerves, or adrenaline, your getting excited about the strikes and you loose your focus and do something silly, just take your time and relax.

if not the mental game its possible that you may need to adjust, if your leaving the 10 pin, is it a ringing 10 or stone 10 (ringing 10 pin: the 6 pin whips around the 10 pin, a stone 10 on the other hand happens when the pin falls into the gutter and stays there.

if your are hitting your mark ever time and still leaving 10's then you need to move and adjust.

panbanger
10-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Dont think about the last frame, or the next frame. Just the current shot. Be the ball. Use the force. Stuff like that.

noeymc
10-29-2012, 02:15 PM
The Mental Game!

Call it nerves, or adrenaline, your getting excited about the strikes and you loose your focus and do something silly, just take your time and relax.

if not the mental game its possible that you may need to adjust, if your leaving the 10 pin, is it a ringing 10 or stone 10 (ringing 10 pin: the 6 pin whips around the 10 pin, a stone 10 on the other hand happens when the pin falls into the gutter and stays there.

if your are hitting your mark ever time and still leaving 10's then you need to move and adjust.

i dont know all the fancy terms sorry lol but the ten pin doesnt get hit or move that seems to be the most common thing that happens

75lockwood
10-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Be the ball. Use the force. Stuff like that.

Don't forget do or do not there is not try and there is not ball only strikes

lol

noeymc
10-29-2012, 07:56 PM

lol

u guys have confused me lol

75lockwood
10-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Sorry lol, just joking around, anyway hold on while i find bowl1820's ringing vs flat 10 diagram...

75lockwood
10-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Found, wont upload (no clue why)

http://www.abc2bowling.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/leaving10pin2.jpg

anyway, keep an eye on the 6 pin, if it bounces off the side wall around the 10 its ringing if it gets pushed straight back its flat.

if your leaving ringing 10's its normally because the ball is coming into the pocket at a poor angle (try playing a different line)

a flat 10 is caused by the ball hitting high and causing the 3 pin to hit the front of the 6 and pushing it straight back. (try moving left so you hit the pocket)

noeymc
10-29-2012, 09:36 PM

lol

Sorry lol, just joking around, anyway hold on while i find bowl1820's ringing vs flat 10 diagram...

ok lol i was like this makes no sense

Found, wont upload (no clue why)

http://www.abc2bowling.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/leaving10pin2.jpg

anyway, keep an eye on the 6 pin, if it bounces off the side wall around the 10 its ringing if it gets pushed straight back its flat.

if your leaving ringing 10's its normally because the ball is coming into the pocket at a poor angle (try playing a different line)

a flat 10 is caused by the ball hitting high and causing the 3 pin to hit the front of the 6 and pushing it straight back. (try moving left so you hit the pocket)

ok will do thank you very much

Tampabaybob
10-29-2012, 10:39 PM
If leaving a ten pin is a consistent problem after throwing a double, move your feet about 4" closer towards the foul line on your next shot. I know it sounds crazy but it might work. Why? Because you'll be dropping the ball that much further out on the lane and possibly delaying the hook just a bit. It should help the ball come in just a little lighter. Probably worth a try.

Bob

billf
10-29-2012, 10:56 PM
Just do what I did tonight, after a 5 bagger drop one in the right gutter. That's a sure way to get your adrenaline going!

75lockwood
10-29-2012, 11:00 PM
Just do what I did tonight, after a 5 bagger drop one in the right gutter. That's a sure way to get your adrenaline going!

OMG! i've done this!!!! everyone behind me groaned lawl, i did pick up the spare though :p

billf
10-29-2012, 11:02 PM
OMG! i've done this!!!! everyone behind me groaned lawl, i did pick up the spare though :p

I left the 6-10. Next frame, pocket 7-10. Didn't pick that up either. So much for a good game.

75lockwood
10-29-2012, 11:11 PM
I left the 6-10. Next frame, pocket 7-10. Didn't pick that up either. So much for a good game.

Ouch, well you'll get em next time :)

noeymc
10-29-2012, 11:35 PM
i am for sure going to try the gutter tip

Tampabaybob
11-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Many times, I've found that after throwing a string of strikes, if you leave a solid ten pin, the mind starts racing, because you're still thinking about the first ball and that stinking 10 pin. The hard part is to get it outa your mind and just concentrate on that one next shot. We all do it, doesn't matter how many years you've been bowling or your average, it just happens. Very hard to clear your mind when you're pissed that the ten didn't fall. It's those kinds of things that separate the pros from the rest of us ! LOL

Bob

Archie
11-08-2012, 03:59 PM
The corner pins are my problem and have been since I came back to the game two years ago. It used to be that we were taught to create angle into the pocket to get drive and energy. Well, fact is, today's reactive balls and high tech cores have solved much of the energy problem. Now it is a new problem for some of us. For me at the age of 55 I can't generate enough speed to keep the angle below the mark I need to consistently kick out the corner pins. There have been several articles that say anything over 5.5 degrees is too much angle and the ball is coming in almost behind the #1. Try using a "tighter" line to the pocket and see if that helps.

AZBowla
11-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Leaving sevens used to really bug me, but last night I did my best to remain calm and focused and instead of my goal being to throw a strike in every frame, I made my goal just to close out each frame. I still left some opens but not as many as I usually do, and I was able to pick up that 7 pin most of the night, so it definitely helped. I'd say don't worry about not getting a strike and don't get too worked up if you do, or even if you string 3 or 4 of them together. Just keep your mind trained on the goal of closing the frame, and save the celebration for after you've closed the 9th or 10th one with either a strike or a spare (or when you get a really lucky break, I had a couple of these last night and it was great - got a couple of strikes that should have been splits but a stray pin came sliding along and took out both pins, ha ha! Nice...)