PDA

View Full Version : Shoe cleaning

bayedup84
10-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Whats a good way to clean the bottom of my bowling shoes, the toe pad area?

75lockwood
10-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Try using a wire brush,it should clean a lot of the dirt out

bayedup84
10-30-2012, 12:41 PM
that wont affect my slide?

75lockwood
10-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Well, the main reason for cleaning the slide pad on the shoe is to fix a lack of slide, if your slide is satisfactory don't do anything, if not then use the wirebrush

bayedup84
10-30-2012, 12:50 PM
ok just didnt wanna mess up bottom of shoes..thanks for info

75lockwood
10-30-2012, 01:12 PM
Glad to help, here is a bit more info:

When using the wire brush don't scrape to aggressively, all your trying to do is get rid of some of the friction, once the material becomes visibly "fluffier" you should be good to go. you will however get to the point where the sole becomes salvageable, at which time you should look for a new pair of shoes (preferably with removable soles to avoid throwing out the whole shoe for a bad slide pad)

Cheers

Hammer
11-01-2012, 08:57 PM
There is a right way and a wrong way to use a wire brush on the soles of your bowling shoes. I was told by a guy in a pro shop to run the wire brush from the tip of the toe to the heel and not from the heel to the toe. I see people doing it the heel to toe way or from side to side to clean the bottom of the shoe. Can anyone here shed some light on the right way and the wrong way?

bowl1820
11-01-2012, 09:06 PM
There is a right way and a wrong way to use a wire brush on the soles of your bowling shoes. I was told by a guy in a pro shop to run the wire brush from the tip of the toe to the heel and not from the heel to the toe. I see people doing it the heel to toe way or from side to side to clean the bottom of the shoe. Can anyone here shed some light on the right way and the wrong way?

Well all of those can be done. Each will adjust the slide differently.

Going toe to heel will improve slide.
Going heel to toe will reduce slide.
Going side to side (quite frankly I don't remember)

Don't use the wire brush on the heel.
If you clean the heel you'll brake a lot faster / reduce slide.