PDA

View Full Version : Switch Grip

Basisud
10-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Since I am on the cusp of drilling 3 more balls, I am debating getting into switch grips. I have heard from people that they are amazing because it's the same feel for every ball that you throw. My question is if there are any disadvantages? I am able to get the first switch grip for $25 and each ball after that is $10 for the outer sleeve. Also is this a reasonable price? Thanks!

Zothen
10-30-2012, 12:12 PM
The only disadvantage is the time to unscrew the grip and rescrew it in another ball. Depending on weather your thumb shrinks or swells you may need more then 1 grip. Don't know about price since I don't currently use removable thumb slugs.

Zothen

10-in-the-pit
10-30-2012, 03:53 PM
plus the grip can break when it's in a ball. the grip connector is cheap plastic. you will need at least one backup just in case this happens.

EboniteKid299
11-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Not sure about switch grips, I use thumb molds and they are the same idea same thumb hole feel for every ball but no switching in and out

bowl1820
11-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Switch Grip did have a problem with breakage earlier, but they have been redesigned and appear to better now. But another option is the Vise Interchangeable Thumb (IT).

The IT I think has the edge over SG.

Oh and there is also Grip Loc brand interchangeable thumbs.

Ball99999
11-04-2012, 08:35 PM
I don't care if all my stuff feels exactly the same.. it doesn't really matter to me and my thumb is never the same from one second to the next.
I realized I need to stick with thumb slugs so I can dremel out space if I need it.

MisterSinister
11-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Switch Grip did have a problem with breakage earlier, but they have been redesigned and appear to better now. But another option is the Vise Interchangeable Thumb (IT).

The IT I think has the edge over SG.

Oh and there is also Grip Loc brand interchangeable thumbs.

My buddy just swtched over to Switch Grips. He was a thumbless bowler, and when he put his thumb back in, he wanted a consistant feel. He loves it. I have heard about the breaking of the tabs, but I have also heard that they have solved that issue. I am going to convert to a full time, thumb in bowler, and when I do, I will be using Switch Grips.

billf
11-04-2012, 08:51 PM
I use the Vise ITs and love them. For anybody that takes bowling seriously a consistent feel is important. I keep three thumbs currently and just change as my thumb swells. I also have tape in all three so for little adjustments between the sizes, I can do with tape. My thumb comes out the same each throw that day.