PDA

View Full Version : middle finger nail starting to hurt after 3 games

striker12
10-30-2012, 04:47 PM
hey guys after i bowl league or even go up and practice my middle finger nail is starting to hurt and i'm not fully sure of what this could be from soo do any of you guy's know what this could be from my finger grips are nicely sized my fingers slid in easly and not to tight and not to loose.

soo if anyone knows what could do this to my middle finger and if there is a away you help stop it from hurting that will be great.

thanks

J Anderson
10-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Sorry but that's about the only part of my hand that hasn't hurt at some time or other.

75lockwood
10-30-2012, 05:30 PM
hey guys after i bowl league or even go up and practice my middle finger nail is starting to hurt and i'm not fully sure of what this could be from soo do any of you guy's know what this could be from my finger grips are nicely sized my fingers slid in easly and not to tight and not to loose.

soo if anyone knows what could do this to my middle finger and if there is a away you help stop it from hurting that will be great.

thanks

A couple things you could try:

Make sure that your nail is cut properly, if it's stabbing into the side of your finger cut it so it stays away.
If your squeezing the ball, don't its bad to squeeze.
The only other thing I can think of is your releasing a bit late and putting pressure on the fingertips, try slowing down for a.few games and see if it still causes the same amount of pain.

Sorry but that's about the only part of my hand that hasn't hurt at some time or other.

LOL, take better care of yourself!

striker12
10-30-2012, 05:42 PM
alright lockwood but this only jsut started 2 weeks ago after my couches got me to slow down my feet witch has slowed down my ball speed also it could be that maby the timing is off.

but my figner nail is short but jabs into my finger once and awhile.

75lockwood
10-30-2012, 09:25 PM
alright lockwood but this only jsut started 2 weeks ago after my couches got me to slow down my feet witch has slowed down my ball speed also it could be that maby the timing is off.

but my figner nail is short but jabs into my finger once and awhile.

Since you slowed down you may be gripping the ball tighter for the fear of dropping it, make sure you don't squeeze.

billf
10-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Check your grips. A worn grip will allow the ball to move on the fingers during the swing especially if you accelerate towards the end of the release.

striker12
10-31-2012, 12:38 AM
i will have to get it checked and see if i am squeezing the ball but billf since the start of this bowling season has started all nice grips in the ball plus also this is with my new track 716T too but one thing i can say it never happens with my freeze at it is 15lbs.