PDA

View Full Version : Happy DV8 Nightmare Day!!

JaMau24
10-31-2012, 02:32 AM
(Formally known as Halloween)

It is released today! Can't wait to get it tomorrow. I'll be sure to let you know how I shoot with it in league tomorrow. If anyone gets it, I'd like to hear what you think of it as well. The Marauder Madness is released today as well. If anyone gets one of those, let me know how you like it.

Also, Happy Halloween too!

http://magickalgraphics.com/Graphics/Halloween/Misc/cutehallow231.gif

AngeloPD
10-31-2012, 02:42 AM
Congrats on the purchase! please tell us how you think! and happy halloween!

striker12
10-31-2012, 03:07 AM
happy halloween jason so jason where do you live so i can come to your door step knock on your door and say tricker treat smell my feet give me your dv8 nightmare please lol

JaMau24
10-31-2012, 03:34 AM
happy halloween jason so jason where do you live so i can come to your door step knock on your door and say tricker treat smell my feet give me your dv8 nightmare please lol

lol! That'd be a pretty good treat. Where's the address bowlingboards is run out of... Maybe we should trick or treat there... I heard they give away bowling balls instead of candy.

striker12
10-31-2012, 03:44 AM
perfect i think it is in florda where bowlingball.com is from thats what i think.

Keithalw
10-31-2012, 05:43 AM
I so want the madness lol I plan on getting it soon hopefully but cant wait to hear how the nightmare does for you... Who knows it might give the opponents nightmares for weeks to come lol

floridanative772
10-31-2012, 08:26 AM
congrats on the purchase. Im going to be asking for this one from the wife for xmas.

Basisud
10-31-2012, 09:17 AM
Mine just showed up! I'll be getting it drilled tonight and maybe throw it a couple times in practice on Thursday but than it's back in the bag. It's going to be way too much ball for the local THS.

75lockwood
10-31-2012, 10:18 AM
Mine just showed up! I'll be getting it drilled tonight and maybe throw it a couple times in practice on Thursday but than it's back in the bag. It's going to be way too much ball for the local THS.

Why would you buy a ball you can't enjoy? only buy a heavy oil ball if you bowl on heavy oil

Great looking ball non the less, i just couldn't put it to good use, would have to stand 2 lanes over and lob to get it to stay on the lane lol

Basisud
10-31-2012, 10:25 AM
Why would you buy a ball you can't enjoy? only buy a heavy oil ball if you bowl on heavy oil

Great looking ball non the less, i just couldn't put it to good use, would have to stand 2 lanes over and lob to get it to stay on the lane lol

I will put it to use. I bowl regularly on collegiate sport shots. I just won't be able to throw it on Thursday because that's my league night. :) Don't you worry about me getting use of the ball.

75lockwood
10-31-2012, 10:32 AM
I will put it to use. I bowl regularly on collegiate sport shots. I just won't be able to throw it on Thursday because that's my league night. :) Don't you worry about me getting use of the ball.

Lol Fair enough, your just teasing yourself Thursday

Basisud
10-31-2012, 10:52 AM
ya that may be so but i gotta check fit and stuff. ^^^ it wouldn't let me quote again.

MICHAEL
10-31-2012, 01:19 PM
Its TOO bad your not excited about getting that new ball! Funny,,,, your JASON,,,, Halloween,,,,, Ball TERROR!! ONlY thing that would have made it PERFECT would have been if Halloween came on FRIDAY the 13th, Jason, Terror!!! lol

75lockwood
10-31-2012, 02:04 PM
Its TOO bad your not excited about getting that new ball! Funny,,,, your JASON,,,, Halloween,,,,, Ball TERROR!! ONlY thing that would have made it PERFECT would have been if Halloween came on FRIDAY the 13th, Jason, Terror!!! lol

Lol, i see what you did there!

Next friday the 13th Jason will be unbeatable, better hope your bet is over by next September LOL

JaMau24
10-31-2012, 02:40 PM

NIGHTMARE, Mike. Not the Terror. You have the Terror, I'm getting the Nightmare. Nightmare on Halloween from JASON! I think I'll wear a Jason hockey mask when I use it.

75lockwood
10-31-2012, 06:51 PM
NIGHTMARE, Mike. Not the Terror. You have the Terror, I'm getting the Nightmare. Nightmare on Halloween from JASON! I think I'll wear a Jason hockey mask when I use it.

If you do you better take some great pictures.....

billf
10-31-2012, 10:59 PM

They're called tournaments, Also can be for sport patterns. Some of us only bowl house shots because we have to practice between tournaments.

75lockwood
10-31-2012, 11:04 PM
They're called tournaments, Also can be for sport patterns. Some of us only bowl house shots because we have to practice between tournaments.

Fair, i'm still in my THS bubble lol, never bowled on anything but.

billf
10-31-2012, 11:10 PM
You will and then you will truly understand. Once you start you won't want to bowl THS again lol

75lockwood
10-31-2012, 11:13 PM
You will and then you will truly understand. Once you start you won't want to bowl THS again lol

Can't wait! gotta beg the ally owner to put down a sport shot for me to try out, any suggestions?

Edit: (any suggestions on which sport shot to try)

Keithalw
11-01-2012, 01:44 AM
Our alleys oil machine used to be basic ths now they got a new one and it can do sport shots... They threw down the shark pattern one day but the maintence guy got in trouble for it.... I wish they would do a pba experience league or something

AngeloPD
11-01-2012, 01:56 AM
Can't wait! gotta beg the ally owner to put down a sport shot for me to try out, any suggestions?

Edit: (any suggestions on which sport shot to try)

you can't pay a couple bucks to lay down a sport pattern for you?

martinezsam2495
11-01-2012, 02:23 AM
You should post a video of you throwing some shots with the ball.

JaMau24
11-01-2012, 02:24 AM
Our alleys oil machine used to be basic ths now they got a new one and it can do sport shots... They threw down the shark pattern one day but the maintence guy got in trouble for it.... I wish they would do a pba experience league or something

Yeah, I guess they have to get permission from the PBA or something to lay down their shots.. I don't know...

I just remember asking why the alley that runs the sport league around here doesn't do a PBA Experience league instead of Kegel sport shots and they said something about not wanting to pay the extra money or whatever.

JaMau24
11-01-2012, 02:25 AM
I had a buddy get a nightmare yesterday and he shot pretty well with it. I can't wait to get mine tonight! An 800 series may be on the horizon!

striker12
11-01-2012, 02:28 AM
jason if your about to throw a 800 series at some time you can come down to my bolwing allie i will make a mask that looks like me and u can bowl for me and get me that 300 game and 800 series and i will pay u half the money and a $1 tip lol

Keithalw
11-01-2012, 02:39 AM

I asked that and the maintenance guy said that he got in trouble for puttting the shark down and that league bowlers would complain less it was a sport league or something... I actually think it may be a out for them not to do it but they have since then said that they might do a sports league during the summer i duno though

MICHAEL
11-01-2012, 07:55 AM
As if we really need more fire power, we have it now! WHAT A NIGHTMARE!! Jason has allowed me to be present when they do the operation on his new ball of pin destruction! He will be present guiding the driller through all the step’s he wants incorporated into his NEW NIGHTMARE of total ruin!
Ruin to any foe that comes between him, and his goal of total victory! This NIGHTMARE will in all sense of the word just that,,,,,, NIGHTMARE on Vivion street today at 6:30pm! This ball TAKES no prisoners, and leaves a battle field of sad broken bowlers!

Yes, with only four loses since the beginning of this league of ”The Magnificent 5”, and more victories then Carter has liver pills, we may now have that goal of: No More Then 10 Losses This Entire Bowling League! Only time will tell if this Dream comes true, or turns into a NIGHTMARE!!! (Laugh out loud)!!!! LAUGH OUT LOUD LOUDER!!!

Brother_jd
11-01-2012, 08:35 AM
LOLL, that is a new one :)

75lockwood
11-01-2012, 09:28 AM

I plan on asking lol, but was wondering what pattern would be a good choice to introduce me to sport shots (nothing to hard) LOL

75lockwood
11-01-2012, 09:30 AM
As if we really need more fire power, we have it now! WHAT A NIGHTMARE!! Jason has allowed me to be present when they do the operation on his new ball of pin destruction! He will be present guiding the driller through all the step’s he wants incorporated into his NEW NIGHTMARE of total ruin!
Ruin to any foe that comes between him, and his goal of total victory! This NIGHTMARE will in all sense of the word just that,,,,,, NIGHTMARE on Vivion street today at 6:30pm! This ball TAKES no prisoners, and leaves a battle field of sad broken bowlers!

Yes, with only four loses since the beginning of this league of ”The Magnificent 5”, and more victories then Carter has liver pills, we may now have that goal of: No More Then 10 Losses This Entire Bowling League! Only time will tell if this Dream comes true, or turns into a NIGHTMARE!!! (Laugh out loud)!!!! LAUGH OUT LOUD LOUDER!!!

Hang on, won't this mean he has it to use against you Friday? LOL Good luck......

Can't wait to see a nice video review from you Jason.

MICHAEL
11-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Hang on, won't this mean he has it to use against you Friday? LOL Good luck......

Can't wait to see a nice video review from you Jason.

YES, but think I CARE!! This is all about the TEAM,,, The DREAM TEAM! My hair, (if I lose) will grow back, but the memory of OUR Quest will live on forever!

MICHAEL
11-01-2012, 12:37 PM
I will be there in Surgical attire, watching the holes, angle, pitch being drilled by the skilled hands of Dr James!

If all goes well, it should give birth to a 15lb NIGHTMARE!!

I get Goosebumps just thinking about the TERROR it will evoke! (had to use the word terror Jason, somewhere since you’re not getting that deviant ball) lol

75lockwood
11-01-2012, 12:39 PM
YES, but think I CARE!! This is all about the TEAM,,, The DREAM TEAM! My hair, (if I lose) will grow back, but the memory of OUR Quest will live on forever!

Great attitude! i wish you all luck!

JaMau24
11-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Just about 2 1/2 hours till surgery begins on the Nightmare! I'll be the operating room assistant. Actually, I'm gonna draw my own layout on the ball, and just tell the driller where to drill. He's the surgeon, but today, I'm the doctor. Can't wait to use it. Will post results later.

75lockwood
11-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Just about 2 1/2 hours till surgery begins on the Nightmare! I'll the operating room assistant. Actually, I'm gonna draw my own layout on the ball, and just tell the driller where to drill. He's the surgeon, but today, I'm the doctor. Can't wait to use it. Will post results later.

It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN!

*starts humming to himself*

be good to your patient doctor dude, we want him up and ready to go after surgery LOL

MICHAEL
11-01-2012, 04:37 PM
I want to see it unfold~~ I want to see it come to life! You could make me the godfather if you like? See you at 5pm~~ I hope there are no complications!!! I can give plastic if needed!!

75lockwood
11-01-2012, 04:53 PM
I want to see it unfold~~ I want to see it come to life! You could make me the godfather if you like? See you at 5pm~~ I hope there are no complications!!! I can give plastic if needed!!

Lol, "plastic transplant"

Iceman don't get too close, you might make Jason freeze up and cause some real damage to the poor nightmare

Hammer
11-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Are you going to throw any practice games with it first before you use it when it counts?

JaMau24
11-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Ball was awesome -- I was not.

That thing was so strong and loved the reaction. I just had my own issues tonight, so I didn't shoot real well. I'll be using it again tomorrow morning for practice. I'm sure I'll do a lot better then. What a BEAAAAAAAST of a ball.

billf
11-02-2012, 12:03 AM
What layout did you go with?

JaMau24
11-02-2012, 01:09 AM
What layout did you go with?

It was a mess. I drew up a 65x4x45 and somehow, my finger holes and thumb were going to be too close to my pin and mass bias. We just moved everything over, so my layout was washed out. Looks like something with an extremely small pin to pap angle now. Regardless, it still hooks like crazy.

MICHAEL
11-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Just about 2 1/2 hours till surgery begins on the Nightmare! I'll be the operating room assistant. Actually, I'm gonna draw my own layout on the ball, and just tell the driller where to drill. He's the surgeon, but today, I'm the doctor. Can't wait to use it. Will post results later.

I passed out during the surgery!!! Too much plastic coming out of the ball for me!! Next thing I know I was on lane 13, and Jason was throwing the NIGHTMARE!!

75lockwood
11-02-2012, 12:42 PM
I passed out during the surgery!!! Too much plastic coming out of the ball for me!! Next thing I know I was on lane 13, and Jason was throwing the NIGHTMARE!!

How did it do???

EboniteKid299
11-02-2012, 06:01 PM

There's a lot of balls out there now a days that are too much for THS' lol I can't find one weak enough thinking about a scout for my fresh THS at my house

Davec13
11-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Ball was awesome -- I was not.

That thing was so strong and loved the reaction. I just had my own issues tonight, so I didn't shoot real well. I'll be using it again tomorrow morning for practice. I'm sure I'll do a lot better then. What a BEAAAAAAAST of a ball.
This is what I was waiting to hear. I guess my Xmas wish list is gonna have another ball added.

Ball99999
11-04-2012, 08:38 PM
In a perfect world a high performance ball would work the same on all lane conditions, but sadly not as I've learned.

I find the high performance balls lose energy too much without heavy oil.

Someday I'll probably buy another super high performance ball just for the fun of seeing it hook from side to side. Right now actually excited about weak equipment.

JaMau24
11-04-2012, 11:01 PM
I threw it a lot better tonight. Shot 706 with a couple open frames. 66.7% Strike percentage with it, which is usually about what I average. I had bigger finger inserts put in... I think the other ones were too small, and that was affecting my accuracy and the consistency of the ball coming off my hand.

I slumped all last week, and even though it wasn't a FANTASTIC night, it was a great night for me in regards it hopefully will break me out of my slump, and it gave me some confidence with this new Nightmare. We're getting to know each other better now. I'll take it to meet the parents once it gets me another 300, or an 800. :D