Type (THS, Sport Pattern etc): THS

BALL REACTION (1 to 10 Scale) 10 highest/most
Length: 7
Back End: 7
Overall Hook: 7
Midlane Read: 7
Breakpoint Shape: 7

COMMENTS

Likes: Another eye catcher from MOTIV! The Venom Strike from MOTIV features the GEAR core and the new Atomix Arc Solid Reactive cover which is a variation of the cover MOTIV has used on their highly successful Sigma line. I really like the way this ball rolls and it reminds me a lot of my Sigma Hybrid. Consistent reaction and easy to read what the lanes are giving you. I feel like a broken record anymore by saying this but the midlane read is so well with this ball (and all MOTIV balls really) that it makes this such a versatile piece of equipment. On a fresh THS with med/heavy oil I play more direct then make small adjustments left as the lanes start to break down. I consider the overall motion smooth on fresh and on medium to medium/dry this ball will give you a more defined arc in the backend motion especially if you alter the surface some. The Venom Strike will be a very versatile ball for med to high rev players looking for a strong but consistent roll and a ball that will “blend” the oil pattern especially on your THS. Lower rev players will want to adjust surface down on fresh heavy oil and probably like this ball more for transition/carry down stages and low to med oil volumes.

Dislikes: None

Mike Yost
MOTIV Staff
www.MOTIVbowling.com