PDA

View Full Version : What is the longest time that you've been on a bowling league ?

Hammer
11-01-2012, 10:31 PM
I am on our church league and have been on it for 25 years now. We haven't been bowling at the same alley that long. In that time we have been on 3 different alleys. I like the one we are at now because it is 5 minutes from my house. My highest average in that time was a 190 and my highest scratch series was a 710. I came close to a 300 game twice. Once I started with 9 strikes in a row and got a spare on my first ball in the 10th frame. Darn it! The other was all strikes except a spare in the 8th frame. That was where the ball just dropped off my hand for some reason. At least I got a spare there and not an open. I was hoping in that time that I would get at least one 300 game. I still have a chance to get it so maybe one will come my way before I get too old to bowl. I will be 66 in February. YIKES!

billf
11-01-2012, 10:45 PM
I will be 44 in 80 minutes.
I am still in my first league. This is our seventh year. It's a mixed four person league. Very social. My sister, her husband (Derrick) and I are original members of the team. My ex-wife quit one season after our divorce because her boyfriend at the time had an issue with us bowling together. So now my ex-sister-in-law is in her second year on the team. Tried getting my daughter to take her place but couldn't get her to quit lol. Her husband was putting a team together but she didn't want to bowl with him. In those seven years the fourth person has been a hard fill with five different people filling that spot over the years. Still, we finished second last year and are currently in first so far this year. Derrick posts here occasionally and also bowls on my Monday night team. We bowl a lot of tournaments together and are doubles partners for city and state tournaments.

Kudu22
11-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Happy Birthday Bill. I am in my first league joining with my wife's best friends husband. He wouldn't try tactical rifle or long range matches so I got into his hobby to get to know him and there I am. Hooked on the sport.

Zothen
11-02-2012, 12:21 AM
13 yrs(87-00)then had to quit do to work scheduale. Now i've been in the same leagues since 2010.

Zothen

Happy Birthday Billf!

Keithalw
11-02-2012, 06:09 AM
was on a bgeinner league for two years mostly thrown a straight ball been on the sanctioned league I am in now for the summer and now winter. Beginer I was with my team mate now and our girl friends... now the girls are on a team and we are on another...

J Anderson
11-02-2012, 07:53 AM
37 years, same league, same team. There are four others in the league who have been in the league as long or longer. The league has moved alleys twice during my tenure. It dates back to 1941 and was originally a duckpin league.

75lockwood
11-02-2012, 12:44 PM
First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GURU BILL!!!!!!!! didn't know it was your birthday!

I started the YBC league i'm in in grade 5, i'm in grade 12 now so that would be 7 years and counting :cool: