PDA

View Full Version : I am just NO GOOD, and GETTING WORSE!

MICHAEL
11-02-2012, 08:23 AM
Last night I started with a 229, then a 171, and the final score of 125. I think I am going to find another sport, maybe I am just too broken down and old! Bowling must be a young man's sport! Funny thing, I seem to be getting worse with the more knowledge, and equipment I get!
I now have a pot full of balls, bowling tape, cleaner, spinner ect ect ect ect!! And what has it gotten me??? WHAT YOU SEE ABOVE! I suck at bowling. I might as well go to the bathroom and shave my own darn HEAD!! I know I am going to lose today, if I even show up! I let the dream team down yesterday, and was up all night, and when I did sleep, it was NIGHTMARE'S!! Here I sit, 5:30 am, not able to sleep, and wishing I could bowl on at least a 3rd grade level!! I suck,,,,, I think I am going to join Bill and take a vacation from bowling, and bowling.com.
Bad bowlers never die,,,,, They just fade away! Goodbye my friends on Bowlingboard.com! Goodbye!!

Basisud
11-02-2012, 08:52 AM
I don't believe this for a minute. My coach of 75 still out averages me. He's averaging 225 after both hip replacements and a knee replaced. I hope you don't give up. When I feel like this, I just realize that I am not a PBA bowler and if I'm not having fun than I'm wasting my time. Learn to enjoy the game.

panbanger
11-02-2012, 10:47 AM
You need to get the EYE OF THE TIGER! It ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can GET HIT and keep moving forward! How much you can take and KEEP MOVING FORWARD! THAT'S HOW WINNING IS DONE!

http://youtu.be/6tWLqFmaNdQ

slowfaller
11-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Sounds like your problem is mental, my Wife just got me a book for my birthday called, "With Winning in Mind"
If pro bowlers find the book helpful maybe you can too. I'm only 40 pages into it but its an easy read that is making pretty good sense.

Chris

J Anderson
11-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Last night I started with a 229, then a 171, and the final score of 125. I think I am going to find another sport, maybe I am just too broken down and old! Bowling must be a young man's sport! Funny thing, I seem to be getting worse with the more knowledge, and equipment I get!
I now have a pot full of balls, bowling tape, cleaner, spinner ect ect ect ect!! And what has it gotten me??? WHAT YOU SEE ABOVE! I suck at bowling. I might as well go to the bathroom and shave my own darn HEAD!! I know I am going to lose today, if I even show up! I let the dream team down yesterday, and was up all night, and when I did sleep, it was NIGHTMARE'S!! Here I sit, 5:30 am, not able to sleep, and wishing I could bowl on at least a 3rd grade level!! I suck,,,,, I think I am going to join Bill and take a vacation from bowling, and bowling.com.
Bad bowlers never die,,,,, They just fade away! Goodbye my friends on Bowlingboard.com! Goodbye!!

I hope that Jason is taking this post with a grain of salt. It may very well be an attempt to make him take today's match less seriously than he should.

On the chance that the 'old broken-down ex-ironworker" isn't playing mind games, I will say this: it takes time to assimilate knowledge. A lot of what you read, even if its true, may not apply to your style. Having more bowling balls, and being able to easily change the surface, while it gives you a better opportunity to adapt to different lane conditions, makes bowling more complicated. Just go down to the bowling center today and focus on the basics. If worse comes to worse at least your hair will grow back.

p.s. I thought it was 'Old bowlers never die.....They just wind up in the gutter'

backlasher
11-02-2012, 11:30 AM
I started bowling in a Senior league and some of those folks have some real handicaps to overcome. Bowling has become very important in their lives and it isn't all about the score. I'm 66 and I'm one of the younger ones. Try to find the fun and companionship that makes bowling so much a part of their lives and slack off on the need for a certain scLore in order to have a good time. I hope this is just a passing thing and next time will be better.

Larry

UBowling
11-02-2012, 11:57 AM
If you are capable of shooting a 225 once, you are capable of shooting it multiple times, especially in the same set. Just get out there and practice. Focus on picking up spares and everything else will fall into place. Start keeping track of which spares you convert most and least. See what your score would be if you had clean games. Practice the spares that are the hardest for you and your game will pick up. Never quit, I have taken 3 year breaks a few times in my bowling career and I seriously regret it!

AZBowla
11-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Aw come on, you can't quit now! Look I suck at bowling too. Sure I've scored over 200 a few times but most of the time, I'm lucky to break 160. Sometimes it's discouraging, especially when I throw a really crappy game and barely score 100 because I know I can do better, but my GF (she's wonderful) always reminds me that I'm there to have fun, so just relax and have fun! It's not like they charge you more for bad bowling or anything so really it's no big deal what the score is.

Looks like we'll be going this Sunday because both she and I have coupons for some free games, so we're going to go, have some laughs and knock down some pins and who really cares what the score is (unless of course I do really well, in which case I'll be bragging about it in here lol).

Stick with it man! Show those youngsters who's boss.

75lockwood
11-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Iceman is getting cold feet! LOL

but seriously, what happened in those last two games, you can't blame oil conditions because you had to miss a fair number of spares to get a 125.... wake up and smell the storm bowling balls! stop feeling sorry for yourself and go kick DR Dudes butt!

Zothen
11-02-2012, 12:45 PM
@Slowfaller-I see you got Charley Sheens book to! Jk :-)

@Michael-Don't give up! I'm 49(50 in March 2013)and spent latter part of 2011 and almost all of 2012 relearning to bowl after taking 13yrs off. I took what league mates told I was doing wrong and what Robin Romeo pointed out and I practiced my *** off to perfect my armswing,footing and hitting my mark. It payed off this season as i've gone from a 161 book avg to 178 after 27 games in a regular league and went from a 130 book avg to a 146 in Sport league after 32 games. You just need to practice practice practice! We all have bad games and believe me I had a lot of them last winter(69-95 over 100 if I was lucky). So Keep your chin up and just practice hitting your mark(I find putting blue painters tape on my mark and try to hit it over & over)has help tremendously.

Good luck & good scoring!

Zothen

noeymc
11-02-2012, 12:47 PM
how do you know how good you can be if u quit age is a number nothing more my grandma is 81 she stopd bowling around 70 and she has 3 300s games to her name one when she was in her 60's she avg'd 165 all the way up till she quit so you had a bad night or your in a slump slow down relax and get back up and get back out there