toverbey
11-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Lane Condition:
40ft. THS on Brunswick ProLane
Medium-Heavy Volume

Layout:
4 ˝” x 4”
70* x 4 ˝” x 40

It is not every day that someone can find a ball that has the ability to cut through heavier oil and retain backend angularity while also being able to glide easily through the heads on medium conditions. On this day, however, the Motiv Primal Scream is the ball that fits this role. The newly created Whiplash solid coverstock (finished at 4000 Abralon) gives the ball the bite it needs to grip the lane while the Impulse V2 core (2.55 RG, .050 Diff) pushes the ball through the heads with ease. This combination allows for a strong, angular motion down lane and devastating power to drive through the pins. The more I throw my Scream, the more versatility I have discovered. On the fresh pattern I usually play a straighter line and have watched the ball grab the dry and quickly change direction, giving an impressive angle into the pocket. As the nights have worn on I have been able to continuously move left without sacrificing any hitting power. The ball still glides through the heads easily and gives the same strong backend motion as though it still had all of its energy stored up. On the most dramatic of nights I have moved a total of a 12-7 from start to finish and have not seen any diminished performance. If you’re looking for a ball that can grip the lane through the oil, and still retain energy for a strong backend jolt, the Motiv Primal Scream is what you are looking for.

Trent Overbey
In the Zone Pro Shop
Motiv Staff