PDA

View Full Version : Can a pearl ball be a good benchmark ball?

Ball99999
11-04-2012, 09:13 PM
If for example it doesn't have a high RG,

or are pearls too condition specific? My guess is that a pearl ball could be just as good if someone is more rev dominant.

Do you have a pearl benchmark, or very versatile ball?

bowl1820
11-04-2012, 09:22 PM
If for example it doesn't have a high RG,

or are pearls too condition specific?

Read this article in the bowlversity it will give you a good over view.
click for selecting-a-benchmark-bowling-ball (http://www.bowlingball.com/BowlVersity/selecting-a-benchmark-bowling-ball)

MisterSinister
11-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Can a pearl ball be a good benchmark ball?

Ummmm, yup, next question.

Ball99999
11-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Ummmm, yup, next question.

Ugh it took me too long to figure this out but you are billf. Ok well going to ignore you too. I don't have time for immature people.

MisterSinister
11-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Ugh it took me too long to figure this out but you are billf. Ok well going to ignore you too. I don't have time for immature people.

Yes, you figured it out. Man, you are sooooo smart, way to smart for me, the one and only BillF. It's all a rouse. I've even been sending PM's back and forth to myself all night just to keep everyone off balance.

75lockwood
11-04-2012, 10:48 PM
yes, you figured it out. Man, you are sooooo smart, way to smart for me, the one and only billf. It's all a rouse. I've even been sending pm's back and forth to myself all night just to keep everyone off balance.

hi bill! Lol

billf
11-04-2012, 10:52 PM
I know the answer to this question. Being ignored, am I allowed to answer?
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Who sent the PMs with the name calling? I just brought it out into the open. I'm a jerk and admit it and don't just hide and pretend others are just mean while secretly sending messages calling them names. I sent you the PM the other day asking what issues you were having with league bowling to try and help you. No answer to that but today you start the name calling and such. (comprehension Bill 3) Fact you started a thread when this subject was covered last week (retention Bill 4)

MisterSinister
11-04-2012, 10:57 PM
BTW, all you have to do is see the active users online now, and see both me and Bill are online at the same time. If you think you are so important that Bill is going through all this just to mess with you, then you need a major ego check homie.

GeoLes
11-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Back to the topic. Dumb question. But can we define terms so we can all be on the same page here? I'm new to the bowling tech talk. What exactly is a benchmark ball?

Basisud
11-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Back to the topic. Dumb question. But can we define terms so we can all be on the same page here? I'm new to the bowling tech talk. What exactly is a benchmark ball?

As far as I understand, your benchmark ball is the first ball that comes out of the bag for a good read on the lanes. It is mostly the go to ball when you don't know where to throw either. This has become pretty non existent since the THS has become so easy. On a THS, just about any ball can get to the pocket in one way or another.

GeoLes
11-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Thank you. Now that makes sense. Great forum for bowling info

Kudu22
11-08-2012, 10:48 AM
My Marvel Pearl was my go to ball for some time. Right now the Deep Purple Taboo is my benchmark ball and is also a pearl finish.