PDA

View Full Version : DV8 Nightmare Day anyone got it?

noeymc
11-04-2012, 09:33 PM
this is prob going to be my next ball anyone got it yet and used it i dont like watching videos of it due to the fact that they only show stirkes and nothing else

Ball99999
11-04-2012, 09:34 PM
this is prob going to be my next ball anyone got it yet and used it i dont like watching videos of it due to the fact that they only show stirkes and nothing else

Yeah sadly that's how most bowling ball videos are. I wish they would tape a whole game or a couple of games. It's just advertising at this point.

They look fun but I wouldn't see the oil for these balls.

75lockwood
11-04-2012, 09:36 PM
The dude has one.

this is not a ball that you would be able to make good use of on your average ths, its just to powerful.

noeymc
11-04-2012, 09:40 PM
The dude has one.

this is not a ball that you would be able to make good use of on your average ths, its just to powerful.

i dont do the full lane hook i stand at about 16-24 and aim for about the 2nd arrow to the third on the right and just let the ball do the work i throw around 20-21 mph and could you please explain a little more by what u mean by the avg thing

billf
11-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Can you adjust your axis rotation? What is your usual axis rotation? Giving the 24-15 line you stated above, if you can adjust your axis rotation accordingly then you might be able to use it on a house shot given your speed.

noeymc
11-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Can you adjust your axis rotation? What is your usual axis rotation? Giving the 24-15 line you stated above, if you can adjust your axis rotation accordingly then you might be able to use it on a house shot given your speed.

i have no idea what it is how do i figure that out? is it something i can do? at home or do i need to go bowl i never new about a lot of this stuff should i ask my coach next time i go see him?

75lockwood
11-04-2012, 09:49 PM
i dont do the full lane hook i stand at about 16-24 and aim for about the 2nd arrow to the third on the right and just let the ball do the work i throw around 20-21 and could you please explain a little more by what u mean by the avg thing

with what ball are you throwing that line? i can't imagine it being nearly as strong as the nightmare.

as for what i mean by average THS, simply most THS's have relatively little oil in comparison to the sport patterns that a ball like this would be better on (there are sports shot's that it wouldn't work on either)

noeymc
11-04-2012, 09:53 PM
right now i throw a hammer taboo deep purple i post a pic of how its drilled if that would help i like the back end of the ball but some times need more and dont like to have to change my release unless i have to

noeymc
11-04-2012, 09:56 PM
http://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-balls/Hammer/10559/Taboo-Deep-Purple.html

the frist layout high arc would be the one that looks the closet to my drill

billf
11-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Asking your coach what your axis rotation is would be the easiest. It basically is the angle the ball rotates at compared to the line it goes on down the lane i.e. ball goes straight while it spin left to right at a 90 degree angle would be 90 degrees of axis rotation. I believe this ball would be too strong for a 90 degree rotation but would work with a 30 degree rotation. Matching your speed and rotation to make a ball work can be done but unless you bowl in different centers or plan to do tournaments it's easier to match the ball to the player than alter the player to the ball. Am I making any sense?

noeymc
11-04-2012, 10:02 PM
i think so ill ask him to tell me my axis next time i see him

bowl1820
11-04-2012, 10:03 PM
i have no idea what it is how do i figure that out? is it something i can do? at home or do i need to go bowl i never new about a lot of this stuff should i ask my coach next time i go see him?

How to find a bowler's PAP, ball speed, rev rate, axis rotation and axis tilt from Powerhouse

http://youtu.be/aicFPNb0YHw

75lockwood
11-04-2012, 10:05 PM
ok here is a question: why do you need a bal that hooks this much???? sure its cool to watch the ball take a 90 degree turn into the pocket, but why? unless your bowling for big bucks and need a ball for every possible situation out there, i would much rather stick with a ball that that has a nice controllable hook that i can refine my skills with

billf
11-04-2012, 10:10 PM
If his speed is 21 at the pins and he wants to play from the 24 across the 15 then he would need a big hooker if his axis rotation was low. What is a skill or plus for one of us can be a negative for another. He has a ball to go to when the lanes break down so that will help.

One man's trash is another man's treasure was the analogy I based this answer from but that sounded too crude. I like adjusting while others don't. Neither is wrong, just different.

noeymc
11-04-2012, 10:12 PM
like i tell everyone i wanna be the best i know it sounds silly but its just something in me that says if you do anything be the best or dont do it at all and i think most people would say the hammer taboo hook is pretty strong? and i think i am pretty good with it and i am for sure going to start doing tournys once i get back into bowling full swing 4-5 year break killd me

noeymc
11-04-2012, 10:15 PM
i still cant edit all the time but was going to add

i know how to add more revs to my ball and change ball speed ( what i do when i need more hook 90% of the time) and i hate really changing my forum alot cuz i will send my arm right and not keep it close to my body like i should

Ball99999
11-04-2012, 10:22 PM
like i tell everyone i wanna be the best i know it sounds silly but its just something in me that says if you do anything be the best or dont do it at all and i think most people would say the hammer taboo hook is pretty strong? and i think i am pretty good with it and i am for sure going to start doing tournys once i get back into bowling full swing 4-5 year break killd me

a player's skill isn't really about what ball they have though. A heavy oil ball just isn't going to be as good as a cheap entry level ball on certain conditions.

billf
11-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Then build a good arsenal as time and money allows. There is nothing wrong with doing anything and everything to the best of your ability. As long as sport shots and tournaments are on the horizon then it won't be a wasted purchase even if you can't use it on your league shot.

noeymc
11-04-2012, 10:27 PM
i understand different balls work differently on different oils my hammer on the dry lanes (kosters) i have to use my spare ball if i dont i get out my comfy spots and have to stand more left then i like to

75lockwood
11-04-2012, 10:29 PM
If his speed is 21 at the pins and he wants to play from the 24 across the 15 then he would need a big hooker if his axis rotation was low. What is a skill or plus for one of us can be a negative for another. He has a ball to go to when the lanes break down so that will help.

One man's trash is another man's treasure was the analogy I based this answer from but that sounded too crude. I like adjusting while others don't. Neither is wrong, just different.

Fair enough lol, i hadn't taken 21mph ball speed into account lol, if you throw it fast enough i bet the nightmare would look like a slingshot LOL

noeymc
11-04-2012, 10:37 PM
i might get more revs once i work on my wrist but thats next months thing (i think) this month its place ball towards target follow through from shoulder and heel of palm pointed upward next month who knows its what he sees he said my timing and footwork is good and my balance is good but yea

noeymc
11-04-2012, 10:39 PM
hey bill why would he want my wrist pointed up he said more power in the ball but wouldnt that be less revs?

JaMau24
11-04-2012, 11:12 PM
ok here is a question: why do you need a bal that hooks this much???? sure its cool to watch the ball take a 90 degree turn into the pocket, but why? unless your bowling for big bucks and need a ball for every possible situation out there, i would much rather stick with a ball that that has a nice controllable hook that i can refine my skills with

You don't "NEED" any ball per say, but to have several that react differently is very beneficial to your game. Most notably on sport conditions. There are sport and PBA patterns that are very long, with a lot of oil, so to have something that hooks a lot, obviously will help you greatly.

For a THS, you don't really "need" any special ball. You can find the pocket many different ways with many different balls and have a lot of error room. Personally, I have so much speed and revs, that I want a ball that hooks this much so it will allow me to play a bigger line and create a nice entry angle into the pocket and to maximize pin action.

billf
11-04-2012, 11:29 PM
hey bill why would he want my wrist pointed up he said more power in the ball but wouldnt that be less revs?
One; revs are over rated. They are not the be all and end all of bowling like most think. Two; he may be getting you use to this and then teach you to play the inside part of the ball. This keeps the power and produces revs.

There are a lot of bowlers that confuse axis rotation with revs and one reason so many have over-hyped revs.

noeymc
11-04-2012, 11:31 PM
ok so there is a method to his madness lol thank you for clearing that up

JaMau24
11-05-2012, 02:20 AM
One; revs are over rated. They are not the be all and end all of bowling like most think. Two; he may be getting you use to this and then teach you to play the inside part of the ball. This keeps the power and produces revs.

There are a lot of bowlers that confuse axis rotation with revs and one reason so many have over-hyped revs.

I've been trying to tell a certain bowler, who may or may not be a part of this forum (*cough* Mike *cough*), that revs are not what makes a great bowler. Mike throws the ball with plenty of revs to be a successful bowler. Believe me, I understand the desire to throw the ball with a great deal of revs, but it's not needed! You know what is needed!? A consistent release and ACCURACY! As long as you are throwing the ball consistently and hitting the pocket, revs aren't a big factor. Sure, if you have more revs (and speed), you'll likely have more pin action, but as long as you're flush in the pocket, it won't matter. Low revs vs high revs each have their flaws and their perks.

So if you're a stroker, or someone with low revs, and you've tried and tried to get higher revs but just can't seem to do it for one reason or another, stop focusing on that and start focusing on just having a consistent release and hitting your mark consistently.

noeymc
11-05-2012, 02:29 AM
yeah the palm up thing is hard to do i was always told shake the hand

75lockwood
11-05-2012, 07:18 AM
yeah the palm up thing is hard to do i was always told shake the hand

From what i understand, this is taught to people used the the swing and give more consistency to new bowlers, when you start with palm up your hand can turn either way, whereas the briefcase is a lot easier to control...

noeymc
11-05-2012, 02:46 PM
its not striaght up just its hard to explain but yeah

billf
11-05-2012, 11:11 PM
It's more of a 20 degree angle which when he is finished will give you plenty of axis rotation and enough revs to carry. He is taking you step by step and the correct way. Be patient, the light is at the end of the tunnel. When the time comes, you will be amazed at the results.
With that angle you will be able to make adjustments just by altering the pressure on either finger and not much more. You will be amazed at how something that little will affect your shot.

noeymc
11-05-2012, 11:23 PM
its hard to get use to i know that i still dont have it down yet yeah hey bill we should go bowling together one of these days i think u live about 2 hours away i wouldn't mind beating you ;) jk lol

75lockwood
11-05-2012, 11:27 PM
its hard to get use to i know that i still dont have it down yet yeah hey bill we should go bowling together one of these days i think u live about 2 hours away i wouldn't mind beating you ;) jk lol

the me vs Micheal thread comes to mind......

i want in on this too! I'm only 9 hours and a boarder crossing away :D

noeymc
11-05-2012, 11:29 PM
thats a bit far lol

noeymc
11-06-2012, 07:16 AM
this seems like the best review video ive seen shows everything dv8 nightmare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFAxo66ZXT0&feature=related

MICHAEL
11-06-2012, 08:16 AM
[QUOTE=JaMau24;60823]I've been trying to tell a certain bowler, who may or may not be a part of this forum (*cough* Mike *cough*), that revs are not what makes a great bowler. Mike throws the ball with plenty of revs

Jason,,,, were you getting a physical while you typed this thread?? Any hernias ? cough,,, cough??

75lockwood
11-06-2012, 08:20 AM
[QUOTE=JaMau24;60823]I've been trying to tell a certain bowler, who may or may not be a part of this forum (*cough* Mike *cough*), that revs are not what makes a great bowler. Mike throws the ball with plenty of revs

Jason,,,, were you getting a physical while you typed this thread?? Any hernias ? cough,,, cough??

Lol Michael, you should listen to the dude, sure revs are nice, but control and accuracy is better!

btw, who is winning your little bet? ;)