PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again...

The German Shepherd
11-06-2012, 08:12 PM
As I attempted to get up from my desk in my office yesterday afternoon, I felt a stabbing pain in my lower back. In a matter of a few moments, the pain became so intense I could barely walk. Missed my Monday night league, and unless things improve DRASTICALLY over night, then I will miss my Wednesday AM league as well. I have had THREE spinal adjustment from my chiropractor between yesterday and today. Here we go again....

Jay

Brother_jd
11-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Ouch, that sucks. Hope you get to feeling better.

75lockwood
11-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Ouch, i tweaked my back not to long ago and had to get the chiropractor to fix me up. (tried lifting something just a little to heavy lol)

have you tried muscle relaxers? they made me feel good as new while they were working (and yes i even went bowling like this lol)

get better soon!

The German Shepherd
11-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Ouch, i tweaked my back not to long ago and had to get the chiropractor to fix me up. (tried lifting something just a little to heavy lol)

have you tried muscle relaxers? they made me feel good as new while they were working (and yes i even went bowling like this lol)

get better soon!

What muscle relaxers did you take???

J.

backlasher
11-06-2012, 09:46 PM
I have arthritis in my lower back and have had two episodes like you describe. I do excercises in the pool every day and don't have any problems anymore. Go get a Doctor to make a diagnosis, please. You can mess up a back pretty easily.

75lockwood
11-06-2012, 09:51 PM
What muscle relaxers did you take???

J.

There were some Robaxacet at the house (dad has back problems) they work wonders while they last lol http://www.backrelief.ca/en/Products/robaxacet.asp

billf
11-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Good luck Jay. Hope your body feels better (and younger!) soon!

Zothen
11-06-2012, 11:23 PM
I have lower back problems and I suggest not going back to the chiropractor for at least a couple days and see if it's better. I find to many adjustments to soon can set my back off. Also use ice pack for 20min,then heat for 10min every 2-4hrs. I would suggest not bowling to probaly next week to give your muscles a rest.

Zothen

AngeloPD
11-07-2012, 01:41 AM
hope you feel better soon and start bowling again!

shannon
11-07-2012, 04:29 AM
Hope you get well soon.

MICHAEL
11-07-2012, 10:44 AM
I have arthritis in my lower back and have had two episodes like you describe. I do excercises in the pool every day and don't have any problems anymore. Go get a Doctor to make a diagnosis, please. You can mess up a back pretty easily.

I have RA/LUPUS, curved spin, L-5 disk herniated pelvic tilt over 1 inch, not to mention loss of disk, and curvature and twisting of the spin, broken neck back in 1992! And that’s about half of my problems…lol!
I can’t stress how IMPORTANT working out, stretching and diet is in my daily life. I stay away from all ,, ALL drugs! You being a minister, know the saying: Your robbing Peter to pay Paul! LOL….. I have had in previous threads many natural things that work GREAT for me! I had a physical the other day and as far as my back and neck goes, he was impressed! He said that the x-rays from the 90’s and early 2000, when compared to recent ones he saw improvement, and in some cases holding their own! He expected to see a gradual decline in function and appearance! We were both amazed!!! I was told 6 years ago I would be in a wheel chair if I didn’t take drugs for RA/Lupus. Guess what!!! I doing GREAT!
My life style changes, natural supplements, working out, diet have made a HUGE DIFFERENCE for me!!!
Good luck, and hope you get it figured out. ( I also with diet changes lost 70lbs) No sugar, just stevia when I need something sweet! Lose of weight makes a huge ,,,HUGE difference, along with exercise!
I have also found out that sugar is a HIGH octane fuel for cancer, so always beware of this neurotoxin!!
Fructose being the worse form, but both detrimental to your health!

ONLY you can decide what path works for YOU,,, My path has WORKED GREAT for me! Again Good luck..

The German Shepherd
11-07-2012, 05:29 PM
WOW, Michael! You really are doing great! Do you use anything as a muscle relaxer for your back when /if you get spasms?????

Jay

MICHAEL
11-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Most problems related to muscle spasms, and pain are related to 3 major things in my opinion. Poor quality of food we eat, (huge cause of inflammation and pain), don’t drink enough good pure water, (no fluoride), organic foods as much as possible, Costco is carrying a lot of things in that regard, Good supplements, as I have mentioned in earlier threads, EXERCISE, stretching! Do NOT EAT ANY suger! PURE Stevia liquid form is the ONLY sweetener I use, stay away from all fructose products, they will kill you in my opinion based on many articles I have read, and cause inflammation!
1. Exercise
2. Organic good foods
3. Supplements
4. Stretching exercises
5. Sauna/steam/whirlpool

The combination above has me for the last 7 years drug free! MSM is a great,,, pain eliminator, and has good properties for your health. It takes a few weeks to build up in your system, but its as good, and powerful as most over the counter pain killers.

To answer your question I don’t get spasms with the above mentioned routine! Good luck with your back!! (((((get a gym membership, and use it!! You will notice huge improvements))))!
It works for me, I stay away from doctors as MUCH as possible!!

GoodGorilla
11-08-2012, 09:23 AM
I would recommend not bowling even if it is feeling better by the bowl night. Injuries like that take weeks to heal, any strain on that area you will make the problem exponentially worse, and lengthen the healing process. The worst thing you can do is pretend the pain is not as bad as it is which will develop into a chronic problem that will make the injury easier and easier to occur in the future. Even if you don't feel pain in a short period of time after your injury, that doesn't mean that you are healed.

Tampabaybob
11-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Jay, I also have back problems and every once in a while it'll act up as it did the day of bowling last week. I still bowled, a little painful, but I'm an idiot die hard.

Several years ago, when I first started having problems, I was prescribed 'ROBAXIN'. I've used that ever since and it works very well for me.

Good luck, I know exactly what you're going through.

Bob

75lockwood
11-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Jay, I also have back problems and every once in a while it'll act up as it did the day of bowling last week. I still bowled, a little painful, but I'm an idiot die hard.

Several years ago, when I first started having problems, I was prescribed 'ROBAXIN'. I've used that ever since and it works very well for me.

Good luck, I know exactly what you're going through.

Bob

Its good stuff lol, but like mike said, becoming dependent on drugs is not a good thing, if i didn't have bowling i probably wouldn't have taken it.

UBowling
11-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Oh man good luck, sometimes I have minor back pains and it is really annoying, I couldn't imagine severe pain like you are describing. Good luck and hopefully you get it all worked out.

The German Shepherd
11-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks for all the kind words and advice fellas. I finally broke down and went to the doctor (not Chiro and sorry Michael). I just had to find some relief for this incredible pain. No exagerration, it took me 20 minutes to crawl out of bed this morning, and I am a guy with a MUCH higher than normal resistance to pain. The doctor put me on Prednisone, Soma (muscle relaxer) and yes Percosets. He tested me out and I have no nerve reflex in either of my lower legs, my hips are tilted and I cannot stand totally straight. The doctor told me that if I am faithful with these meds and sty off my feet as much as possible I should feel marked improvement by Monday. Heres hopin'......

Jay

75lockwood
11-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Go the the Chiropractor! pain killers are a temp solution..

The German Shepherd
11-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Go the the Chiropractor! pain killers are a temp solution..

I have been the my chiropractor 33 times since 8/24 of this year. No joke. It's tme to get rid of the inflamation and pain, then do maintenance with the Chiropractor. My Chiropractor is Allen Kunkel in Wind Gap, PA and he is really good - but I need to try something else.

Jay

75lockwood
11-08-2012, 05:35 PM
alright, well hope you feel better soon!!

GoodGorilla
11-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Thanks for all the kind words and advice fellas. I finally broke down and went to the doctor (not Chiro and sorry Michael). I just had to find some relief for this incredible pain. No exagerration, it took me 20 minutes to crawl out of bed this morning, and I am a guy with a MUCH higher than normal resistance to pain. The doctor put me on Prednisone, Soma (muscle relaxer) and yes Percosets. He tested me out and I have no nerve reflex in either of my lower legs, my hips are tilted and I cannot stand totally straight. The doctor told me that if I am faithful with these meds and sty off my feet as much as possible I should feel marked improvement by Monday. Heres hopin'......

Jay

A friend of mine strained his back 2 weeks ago. You don't need the pain meds as much as you need to take it easy with it.

75lockwood
11-09-2012, 08:55 AM
A friend of mine strained his back 2 weeks ago. You don't need the pain meds as much as you need to take it easy with it.

Exactly! don't take my advice, i'm young and full of stupid LOL