PDA

View Full Version : Motiv Venom Strike - Control and Hit!

sportshot
11-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Ball Specs:
Motiv Venom Strike
Solid Reactive
3000 Grit Sanded
Symmetrical Core
Layout 100 x 3-3/8 x 45

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 5 Over 3/4 up
Rev Rate 275. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
Speed off hand 18
Review:
The New Motiv Venom Strike was a nice surprise. I did not expect a new release yet, but I am so glad it came out! I have always been a fan of the Gear Core, and a bunch of us have been asking Motiv for it to be utilized again. It seems to me that Motiv found the correct cover at the right time to add the Venom Strike to its lineup.
This ball works on a wide range of conditions. The low RG core allows the ball to read early enough to provide a good amount of hook but the lower fare potential and differential give this ball predictability with a bit hit in the pocket. It is always nice to see a ball exit the pin deck behind 8 and 9 pin. The ball was stronger than my Ascents but less than the Thrash. l. The Venom Strike was very predictable and never got jumpy and never squirted past the breakpoint. The Venom Strike will probably become my first ball out of the bag. Motiv has plenty of equipment I can ball up or down to from there. I am going to order another Venom Strike and try it polished. I am enjoying this box surface to much right now to change it. For me this is a “go to ball” with great looks and a cool logo.
Summary:
Early read with predicable motion.
Excellent hit and carry.
A great benchmark or first out of bag ball.
Another nice addition to the Motiv lineup.
This to me is a “must have” in an arsenal or an upper performance first ball to try Motiv that will cover a wide range of conditions.
Glenn
PBA Member
Motiv Staff
Turbo Staff
Video Link
http://youtu.be/fvn3BV9ILEo

Zothen
11-07-2012, 01:00 AM
How would this ball fair on light oil or a 34' oil pattern?

Zothen