PDA

View Full Version : Better with someone elses ball?

Gmjmma
11-07-2012, 11:27 PM
I was getting my DV8 Terror fixed tonight so i used my Black Widow and i bowled a 143,139 for my first 2 games and then my friend showed up with his Taboo Jet Black and i bowled a 249 with it. His span is around 1 inch shorter than mine and its drilled with the pin on the right side of the ring finger.

So my question is. Is it possible that the shorter span helped me? or could it just be that the ball is that good? cause everytime I throw it i get in the mid 200's with it

noeymc
11-07-2012, 11:31 PM
i think its a mental thing just my guess tho the all the taboo balls are good tho

GoodGorilla
11-08-2012, 06:34 AM
About two months ago I used my little brother's strike ball - which the thumb and finger holes were so tight, only the very edges of my fingers would fit into the holes. I could only swing the ball about 2 feet on the back swing without having the ball fling off my hand. Picked up a 7 10 split, it was hilarious. That was also the only time I threw that ball.

75lockwood
11-08-2012, 08:27 AM
did it feel confertable it your hand? if so its possible that your span might be a bit big. if not then get a taboo lol

scottymoney
11-08-2012, 08:40 AM
I have 2 thoughts on this.
1. Dumb luck? Sometimes even with the wrong equipment we can get hot and do things like this. I bet someone has picked up a house ball and thrown a 300 somewhere. Kind of like the person who has $1 to their name and walks into a convenience store buys a lottery ticket and turns into a millionaire.

2. I would say maybe your hand has changed? But I doubt it would change that much, and an inch is a huge difference. Is it possible that your last ball was drilled wrong and your span should actually be smaller, probably not an inch smaller though? On that note maybe see if they can remeasure you just to check. I had an issue with my last ball getting the thumbhole drilled. It was way too small like the guy used the wrong drill bit altogether. I learned my lesson about getting a ball drilled while I wasn't there and then having my wife pick it up for me.

I would say it is probably more on the dumb luck side, but it wouldn't hurt to get your measurements checked.

Gmjmma
11-08-2012, 12:33 PM
I have 2 thoughts on this.
1. Dumb luck? Sometimes even with the wrong equipment we can get hot and do things like this. I bet someone has picked up a house ball and thrown a 300 somewhere. Kind of like the person who has $1 to their name and walks into a convenience store buys a lottery ticket and turns into a millionaire.

2. I would say maybe your hand has changed? But I doubt it would change that much, and an inch is a huge difference. Is it possible that your last ball was drilled wrong and your span should actually be smaller, probably not an inch smaller though? On that note maybe see if they can remeasure you just to check. I had an issue with my last ball getting the thumbhole drilled. It was way too small like the guy used the wrong drill bit altogether. I learned my lesson about getting a ball drilled while I wasn't there and then having my wife pick it up for me.

I would say it is probably more on the dumb luck side, but it wouldn't hurt to get your measurements checked.

I could say dumb luck if it happened once or twice but it wasnt just his ball. He has a span of 4 5/8 and i threw 2 others with a span of 4 3/4 and 5in. My balls are drilled to my first knuckle. And when I throw it I have to squeeze it to hold cause the span is little but for some reason it works. I just wanted to know if anyone else has ever had this before

noeymc
11-08-2012, 12:35 PM
i used a hammer brick house ball very little finger tip left other then that fit pretty good shot a 148 i think? and a 181 and that was in socks and that ball so its either a mental thing or the way the ball is drilld fits more to you