PDA

View Full Version : When will I learn!?

coachkapps
11-08-2012, 12:52 PM
I spend nearly every Sunday morning throwing practice games. I find something to work on and change little things here and there. I'm not completely comfortable with them but they seem to work. Last two practice sessions I ave'd 220 and 202 for 17 total games. Then last night in league, the pressure's on and I can't figure out what worked in practice. I waste a game (144) chicken-winging it, dropping it, and blowing past spares. Game 2 and 3 I go back to 'down and in' and throw 193 and 224 with a few opens.

After league I threw 8 games of 223, 180, 185, 228, 233, 248, 223, and 222. WTH! I went back to just releasing it like I can even if it's not a big hooking motion.

When will I learn!? Why must I keep trying to mess with things?

Zothen
11-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Your trying to be perfect! I suggest that in leagues you just get up and bowl the best 3 games you can and not worry about how many pins you knock down,but,rather picking up the pins that are left. Remember to not help the ball,just think of your armswing as a pendulam on a grandfather clock. It swings back & forth in a nice even rythum.

Zothen

coachkapps
11-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Hey, that's so true. I'm trying TOO hard to make 'everything' perfect. Often when I bowl my best it's when I'm just rolling da rock. Last night I spent WAY too much time and effort on trying something new. Not gonna happen next time. Thanks!!

Zothen
11-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Coachkapps-I'm sorry if I offended you!

Zothen

Tampabaybob
11-11-2012, 05:41 PM
When you're in the league are you putting too much pressure on yourself ? When you're practicing there's no pressure and everything seems to be free flowing. We all do it. If you were trying something new during league, then shame on you. Practice time is for new trials and errors ...not leagues.

Bob